Thrifty Car Rental / surprise fees

1 Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:

Stay away from these people. Do not ever get a car with Thrifty!
This is the worst service I have ever had. I called on Sat. to reserve a car. I explained that I was renting a car because my car was needing repair and that I did not know how long the repair would take. The customer service rep did NOT explain that if I did turned the car in eariler I would have to pay an early return fee. When I got to the airport I found out that if i returned the car early there would be a $15 fee. I then told the clerk I did not think this was fair since the reservations person had not mentioned this. She then stated that she was telling me now and that it was on the contact. This hardly was helpful then since I had already gone to the airport to get the rental car. She became rude and I did not appreciate her attitude. This was a horrible experience. I also think this is fraud because NO ONE told me at the time of the reservation that the early return of the car would require an extra fee. DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY - I never will again.

Comments

• Ru
      14th of Sep, 2008

A cousin from a different state rented a Thrifty car and entered my telephone number for her "contact person", without my knowledge or permission. The cousin was stopped by the Ga. State police and institutionalized, and the car was impounded. Thrifty called me, and I informed them of the little facts that I knew solely because I had been called by the Ga. State police. Thrifty then entered my telephone number into their automatic dialing system, and called my home every day for the next 2 weeks. When I returned their call and asked to have my number removed from their system, their employee who identified herself as Crea refused.

• Te
      5th of Dec, 2008

Dollar/Thrifty hires incompetent staff and abuses its customers. Do business with anyone else you can.