Thompson Cigar / con job

1 TN, United States Review updated:

I too fell victim to their Cigar of the Month Club baloney. I have been a Thompson Cigar customer for years. That's now history (try Cigars International). I've only recently had "Customer Service" problems with them. While concluding my last telephone order I was scurried off to a slick tongue that foisting the Cigar of the Month Club on me. After several "no thanks" from me, he said that he noticed my favorite cigar and was going to send me a complementary box. Well gents, the box came all right - with a $62 invoice. Guess I don't know what "complementary" means. I sent the box back unopened with the invoice and a demit from their Cigar of the Month Club. This month I received another invoice for $12 - with no mention what the invoice is about. They got one of my famous "barn burning" letters in return. For any amount of money, I'll take them to the depths of hell before they see a dime from me.

Thompson Cigars boasts a 92 year history of business from Tampa. I think it's about time for them to call it "quits" and get out of the cigar and scam businesses.

Dr. Gary Wendorf.

Do

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Jun, 2008

I too deal with Thompson, as I live in the same town, personally I have never had any negative experiences with this company, they've always been very helpful, I think where the problem lies is the fact that Thompson farms out part of their customer service to the Pillipeans(sp?), this is where words like inept, and rude come into play because that location is horrible, the staff there can hardly understand english, let alone speak it, and in the world of customer service, communication is the most important element, but they dropped the ball hiring nuckleheads like that, they're not only foreign with very little english speaking skills, but they are also extremely rude, I mean the audacity! Yea I was put on this "club" when I clearly asked NOT to be put on any club, it's nearing criminal in how they operate "over there", I don't understand, I've always had good experiences from the American side of this business, why would they have to turn off their customers by exposing them to this Asian nightmare?

5th of Feb, 2009
    Thompson Cigar - Spam
    Thompson Cigar Inc.
    Phone: 800-216-7107
    thompsoncigar.com

Thompson Cigar keeps sending me almost daily e-mails promoting their tobacco products despite the fact that I've repeatedly filled out an online form asking them to stop. I don't even smoke cigars. Thompson Cigar spams.

• Ri
      21st of Jun, 2010

we all get garbage mail. i have a small trash can next to my mail box. it is what it is. don't wase your energy on he small stuff.

• Bo
      21st of Nov, 2011

I have been a Thompson cigar customer for years, and I am now compelled to opine on a very disturbing phone call I just recieved from Thompsons. I recently ordered approximately 150 cigars to completely fill my humidore to the brim, within the past month.On Monday Nov. 21 2011, a sales rep. called to ask if I recieved the last of my order.I answered that I did, and then I was asked if I wanted to join their cigar club which I answered, no.The caller then told me that the club would be good for a person like me, and again I told him, no.this person then asked, why not, and I had to explain to him that I just ordered enough cigars to fill a 200 cigar humidor and I would not be ordering any more for quite some time.seeming annoyed with my answer, (HE SHOULD BE ANNOYED ?)He asked me if I have ever tried Alec Bradley cigars, and that they are having a great sale on these cigars, and I should get in on the savings. once again I explained to him about the overflowing humidor on my table. Well you get the picture. Never has Thompson cigar called me in the past to hawk cigars, let alone their cigar club. it`s bad enough I have to put up with that rubbish whenever I place an order, now I get phone calls, trying to ram cigars and clubs down my throat ? There are plenty of cigar stores in my area and I plan on visiting them on a more frequent basis. Nice work Thompson cigar, you have just lost yet another customer. HASTA LA VISTA BABY! BOB CASALINUOVO CLEARWATER, FL.