Thomasville / Poor service and damaged furniture

Sterling, VA, United States

Just received delivery of my new Mercer sofa which I purchased from Jay at Thomasville in Sterling VA. and all I have to say is WOW...never been treated so bad from a person who is suppose to be in charge of 'Customer Service" . I called within 5 minutes of delivery of my new sofa to let them know that it arrived with some damage that was not previously on the piece and basically my customer service person became combative and told me i bought it "as is" so there is nothing they can do for me. Well I can tell you that I was shocked by her delivery and unwillingness to provide any type of resolution. I explained to her that Jay my sale person told me to call right away if anything wasnt right when it was being delivered. He stated this because I express concern in having this piece sit on the showroom floor until THEIR deliver person could deliver it to me. She finally stopped arguing with me and said she would check with Jay and call back in an hour...based on her attitude and treament I dont expect much but I can tell you this...I will submit a claim with my American Express which I used to purcahse and will not be a Thomasville customer. Should have stuck with Ethan Allen.