Thomasville Furniture / delayed

United States Review updated:
A custom order placed on May 26, 08 Tomasville estimated delivery time is approx.60-75days. As of today it has been 83days without furniture. This company has developed a bad/terrible reputation and will never be used/referred by myself or anyone I know or come in contact with.
Ca

Comments

He
  6th of Oct, 2008
We have had a horrible experience with Thomasville also. Placed an order in August 2008 and was told it would be 6-8 weeks. Now they call (10/6/08) and say it won't come until January 2009 or maybe February 2009. ALso, they will not return our inquiries. Do not recommend this outfit to anyone. Several others we have spoke to in the furniture industry say that Thomasville has a very bad reputation. Especially with shipping from China and very corrupt company.
He
  11th of Mar, 2010
I have the similar experience.

I ordered a dining set in October of 2009 and paid in full. It was supposed to be delivered in 4-6 weeks. However after 146 days I am still waiting to get my furniture.

Hema Gupta
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
Di
  15th of Jan, 2011
I had a similar experience and I am very disappointed in how the store manager handled the situation. I ordered a complete living room set with custom fabric in the beginning of August 2010 and was told that everything would be delivered together by the end of September. Towards the end of September I called to get an update on a delivery time from our sales person, Michael, and was notified at that time that the wing-back chair fabric we ordered was discontinued. I asked why he had not initiated the call and he said that he wasn't aware until just then. I immediately went back in to Thomasville to pick out new fabric. At that time I was told by Michael that the sofa and oversized chair were due to be delivered by the first week of October. October came and went and I did not receive a call from anyone at Thomasville. I called and spoke to the store manager and he was not apologetic AT ALL! He was not able to give any updates and could not provide an explaination. 3 of the 4 items were FINALLY delivered in November a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I called the store to ask where the wing-back chair was and spoke with Tamika. Tamika was helpful and stated that the chair was on back order and should be available by February. I asked for the manager, who was less than apologetic for the mis-information, bad customer service and missing furniture. So here we are in January 2011 and I still don't have a wing-back chair and have not received 1 call from anyone at Thomasville Furniture. I finally called again last week and asked for an ETA from J.J. who was not able to give one...again. I asked for a refund but he didn't know the process for that either but said he would call back. I reminded him of his track record of returning calls and he guaranteed that he'd call me back the next day (Friday). So Friday came and went and no call. I went in person and J.J. (the store manager) told me that he forgot to call me back - No apology and no update. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. I am thoroughly disappointed in Thomasville of Newport News and their lack of customer service and very passive manager. I will never recommend Thomasville furniture to anyone.

Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group Logo Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group
Overall Satisfaction Rating