Closed

Thebeautyplace.com / customer service, suspected counterfeit products

Th Review updated:
Phone: 877 392-8827

Similar to the other complaint, I received a Murad product from this company that has the wrong smell and consistency. I have used this product (Murad Anti Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 1.7oz) for nearly a year and am familiar with its scent and texture. The tube received from The Beauty Place doesn't smell the way that it should and it feels as if the moisturizer was mixed with sand. The texture is completely wrong and to the point that it cannot be used comfortably. The box was damaged and the hygienic foil seal found on genuine Murad products was missing.

I contacted The Beauty Place on February 7 in order to have the product replaced. They refused to replace the product or refund my money because I was outside the 30 day refund window. However, this is because the product was listed as in stock when I ordered it in December, although I received an email several days later saying that the product was out of stock (despite charging my credit card at the time of purchase). I purchased the product locally because I did not know when the one from The Beauty Place would arrive, and did not open their version until I finished the one that I purchased at a local store. I contacted them immediately after opening their tube because it is defective -- I suspect it is a counterfeit product.

I opened a complaint with the BBB branch in Miami because I was unable to reach a resolution with customer service myself. Please note that The Beauty Place is -not- a BBB-accredited company. I wish I had checked that prior to purchasing anything from them. The Beauty Place has been unable thus far to meet any of the response deadlines set by the BBB, consistently responding several weeks late. The complaint that I opened on February 9 (today is April 10) still has not been resolved because of their failure to respond. I am going to try to attach the BBB complaint so that the timeline (and their missed deadlines and extensions can be seen).

I contacted Murad about the product and they told me that The Beauty Place is NOT an authorized retailer.

The inability of The Beauty Place to promptly or fairly respond to complaints, stand behind their products, even comply with the BBB all show that this company is not to be trusted. Their obvious lack of respect for the BBB and its process further supports this. Please avoid this company. The product that they sold me was unpleasant and I stopped using it. However, a counterfeit product could have a lot of nasty side effects, ranging from being contaminated to causing skin damage.

Comments

• Zv
      8th of Sep, 2014

Thank you for your comments, I almost placed an order with this company. Based on your experience will not complete the purchase, but will advise others to do the same.

• Zv
      8th of Sep, 2014

OK!

• Tr
      22nd of Aug, 2017

thebeautyplace.com sells Olaplex. Olaplex is a highly counterfeited product. If you are not getting the #1 and #2 Olaplex from an authorized seller -- one that does not sell to non-licensed professionals -- then it is most likely counterfeit. When I made an inquiry, I did not receive a response regarding authenticity. I also suspect that their Karin Herzog products are also counterfeit.