The Salvation Army USA / hazardous and unsafe situation at the salvation army ny

1 Middle Village, NY, United States Review updated:

I went to the Salvation Army at 73-24 Metropolitan Ave. Middle Village NY 11379 today. December 27, 2017 about 10am to make a huge clothes donation. The door was unlocked so I walked in expecting to find someone to drop off my donation. Imagine my surprise and panick when I discovered no one was there after I said hello several times and I tried to leave the store and the doors were locked! I was trapped inside the store and starting panicking. A gentleman walking down the street was kind enough to open the door from the outside. This was a terrifying experience that no one should have to go through. If a fire was started or if a dog was there my life would have been in peril and all I wanted to do was make a donation. I talked to Salvation Army men driver who were waiting for the manager to arrive and mentioned it was a lady. I told them what happened and seemed indifferent about it. I was so Shaken up I just went home to relax and didn't go out. This situation was dangerous and very scary. I went out of my way to drive to this place to give a nice donation of clothes and for my efforts I encountered this situation. If the place was closed the door should not have been left unlocked. I was trapped inside. I appreciate if someone would tell me how to file action against this place. You can reach me at rkimharper@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from someone. Thank you.

Rk
Dec 27, 2017

Comments

• Ji
      11th of Jan, 2018

I filed a complaint and the salvation army said they would respond in 24 hours . As usual they lied . This is no Christian organization just a money making scam . I will never give to the band of liars again .I will also tell any business that permits them to beg for money with their kettles that I will not do business with them as long as the liars are mooching money . Stay far away from the scammers .