The Salvation Army USA / bad customer service
I am homeless with three children. The Access Point 4 Housing referred me to the 1110 S Puget Sound Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405 branch at 1pm. I called and assumed that I had the wrong number because all I received was "Hello". I asked if I contacted the Salvation Army and he said yes. He was an older sounding gentleman.
Somehow the phone was malfunctioning on my end. He said "Hello" a few more times. I also did in a frantic state, trying my best to avoid a disconnection. Then the man sarcastically said, "Well... I guess you don't need any help". Of course I did! Otherwise I would not have called back five times. Each time I called, he hung up on me, eventually leaving me devastated.
It is now after 8pm, my children and I are still outdoors and I'm sure the employee who mocked my time of need is relaxing somewhere. I am ashamed that my living situation has come to this. That phone call made my day even worse. I thought the Salvation Army stood for Christianity. Even a gentle refusal of services would have felt better than the rejection I received today.
More The Salvation Army USA Complaints & Reviews
- The Salvation Army - donations spent on officers, not the needy 
- Salvation Army - discrimination 
- The Salvation Army - working for them is horrible 
- The Salvation Army Phoenix Arc - abusive director of rehab services 
- The Salvation Army - stealing from the salvation army 
- The Salvation Army USA - discrimination and harassment 
- Salvation Army - refuse to allow customer to test out used electronic devices 
- The Salvation Army USA - service 
- The Salvation Army - screw over and abuse their hardworking employees 
- Salvation Army - Donations - rude service