The RoomStore / Furniture Breaks...

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Spent $2400.00 on a sectional sofa and in the 15 months we've had it we've had to call them out 3 times and was about to call out a 4th time. The toggles that you pull to recline the ends of the 2 sofas we bought keep snapping off. It's such a design flaw that the repair tech ordered "EXTRA" parts because he said they are having to repair these often. Now I have a $2400.00 sectional and extra parts. How many times is too many? Each toggle (there are 4) has broken off at least once. If this was a car I'd sue for my money back under the lemon law but now I'm stuck with cruddy furniture that keeps breaking or I can go "re-select" and get stuck with more cruddy furniture from them when the right thing to do would be to get my money refunded (since it's a design flaw) and take my business elsewhere. DO NOT spend your hard earned dollars at The Roomstore!

Comments

• We
      19th of Aug, 2013

I agree I bought a sectional that cost $3700.00 and after only 2 months, 2 of the pieces are falling apart. They sent out a tec Aug 1st. he said they would have to order parts. Aug 5th I got a call from customer service rep call telling us it would take 6 to 8 week for the parts to come from China. On Aug 15 I receive a call from the Corp office to let me know the part are going to arrive in a month. They agreed to let me go pick something else out. Only because I let them know I had started a dispute with GE Capital. On Aug 16, We went to the store and could not find anything we like and ask if I pick something for less and get a refund and was told "No" only store credit. We told the store manager we would have to think about what we wanted to do. Today Aug 19 received a call from Corp and said they are bringing out 2 new pieces, because I could make my mind up. The lady that call today was so rude and I let her know they will not rush me into another purchase and I'm not going to replace this with 2 new piece when it didn't last 2 month. Reward of the Roomstore most of the furniture comes from China this is what the sales man told us after the fact.