The Hearst Corporation / scam and cheating
I have received a 'third notice of payment past due' from the Hearst Corporation for Cosmopolitan Magazine. They claim that in October 2008 I requested my subscription be renewed and be billed at a later date.
I never requested renewal of the magazine, in fact, my subscription doesn't even expire until January 2010. Also I have always paid for my subscriptions at the time I requested service. I have never requested to be billed later.
The notice sent to me by Hearst Corporation's invoicing bureau states that this is their third notice of payment past due. It also threatens to send my account to collections and report me to the crediting agencies.
I would have liked to be able to contact the Hearst Corporation to resolve the matter. However, the notice doesn't provide a phone number or even a website. It merely provides an address where I should send them my money.
More The Hearst Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Rodale Books - scam 
- Hearst Magazines - subscription/renewal scam 
- The Hearst Corporation, Invoicing Bureau - unauthroized renewal of o at home magazine subscription 
- The Hearst Corp - being sent invoices a auto renewal that was never made. 
- Hearst magazines/goodhousekeeping - receiving threating letters & bill for a magazine I never order or received 
- Hearst - magazine subscription
- Hearst Communications - auto parts and bicycling magazine
- Hearst Communications - unauthorized bill
- Hearst Communications - food network and good housekeeping magazines
- Hearst Communications - email rec's today