The Dumpservice and sales

The dining set which I was going to purchase was on the floor. Another couple also were looking at the set. The salesman said they only had 2 sets on hand so I told him I would like to purchase it right then. He wrote up the order and told me it was in the warehouse. Then I picked out a coffee table and 2 end tables and purchased them as well.
The salesman did some computer searches and said the tables were also on hand in the warehouse.
He took us up to the front of the store and turned us over to the clerk who wrote up the final order.
The delivery was set for the following week on a weekday .
The store is only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday but the delivery was scheduled for mid week .. I was told I would receive a call confirming the delivery date.
The charge for the purchases appeared on my Visa account the Monday following the day I ordered.
When I had not received a confirmation call I thought I had better call them to be sure of the delivery being set up
I couldn't get anyone in the store since it was a week day and finally after searching on the web I found a customer service phone number.. I called and spoke to a person in another state. This person told me my furniture was on Back Order! When I said I was told it was in stock she said she didn't know anything about what the people in the store told customers. When I asked when it would be in stock she said they may not get more of that particular item at all but that she would have no idea when it would be there if they did get more. I told her to credit my account which she said she didn't have the authority to do but that she would email the store informing them of my complaints.
They had charged my account without even having the furniture and not only that the sales person assured me they had all of the pieces in the warehouse!
It took several days and several attempts to contact the people in the store where I purchased the furniture to get to talk to someone and then they told me I would have to talk to a manager ... there was no manager available... bottom line the only way I could get my money back was through my Visa. Thank heavens the Visa people removed the charge .. If I had used any other method of payment I would have been in big trouble.
What a "DUMP" it is... very poor and should not be allowed to do business ... they are scamming people.

Tc

Comments

• Da
      Mar 31, 2011

the dump call to give me my window, no one on the another line, so tommorow i will call thier lousy customerservice & get the run a around again. Almost 2 month wait for the right box spring to be delivery, but they cash their check right away with no probler. i am disappoint in them never has a problem before. This will be the last time for me to buy anything their again.