The Company Store / charged my credit card $99 for an unordered membership program

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-323-8000

I ordered sheets from this merchant. On the phone, I was asked if I was interested in membership in Buyer's Edge, some kind of membership program. I said no. Two months later, a charge for $99 shows up on my credit card listed as HDI Company Store. At first I didn't think anythng about it becasue I had ordered fromthe store but then I realized that I had already paid that bill. I called the number on my statement and asked for the charges to be reversed. This company said their name was United Marketing and they are based in Illinois. My credit card number was passed to them without my permission by The Company Store. Therefore, DO NOT SHOP AT COMPANY STORE.

Ja

Comments

• Ji
      14th of Oct, 2010

They do this to me all tehe time, and the credit card companys must know about the scam, but don't do anything untill you call then they remove the charges. GET RID OF your credit cards. Keep only one in case you need it but dont use it. Get som prepaid credit cards and register them on the web and use only them! STOP with the charges and pay cash. Earn interest on money you pay yourself instead of a credit card Co, and save more interest when u buy with cash, no credit card finance charde, help the economy because stores make more and sell for less if they dont have to pay the big banks. So they blow the money and get goverment money YOUR TAX MONEY, Stop the madness of credit!!!

• Da
      8th of Sep, 2012
    The Company Store - refusing to send refund fro defective merchandise
    The Company Store
    La Crosse
    Wisconsin
    thecompanystore.com

Bought two primaloft pillows with lifetime guarantees in 2010 and within two years they turned to mush. Returned them in late July 2012, after several weeks finally was notified of refund status, but as of September no money has been seen...they claim that they sent the money to some bank, unspecified, where I used to have a credit card in 2010, account closed that same year. The bank may have kept the money?? The Company Store said they are done, it is up to me to figure out what bank they sent it to and contact them on my own, and good luck. I said, no, it was your mistake, you fix it, you find it, you send me a check. No response after multiple contacts. Next stop, the BBB and the Wisconsin Atty Generals Office.