The Cleaning Authority / Bad service
Employees of the Cleaning Authority spilt bleach on our master bedroom carpet. The spill was in the middle of the room, out in the open, and covered a significant area. We were home when it occurred and witnessed the spill. We contacted the ownwer of the Cleaning Authority (Dean Rudy) who came and inspected the spill.
Rudy said the area could be dyed to hide the spill and offered to have a company of his choosing come in a dye the affected area. We checked with an independent carpet expert about this and they said a bleach spill cannot be dyed because the fibers of the carpet have been burned by the bleach and they will continue to disintegrate over time. Thus, this was not a stain that could be dyed, but a burn of the carpet fibers that needed to be replaced.
This information was relayed to Rudy, but Rudy refused any other remedy than $100 or to have a company of his choosing dye the carpet.
We refused to have the carpet dyed, knowing it would not fix the problem and the damage caused by Rudy and his company. We suggested pro-rating the carpet, as that is what a court would likely do to equate the damamges (liability was not an issue). Rudy still refused.
Dispute never settled. Rudy essentailly forced us to take him to court.
More The Cleaning Authority Complaints & Reviews
- The Cleaning Authority - Scam and rip off 
- The Cleaning Authority - Stolen jewelry 
- The Cleaning Authority - Bunch of losers
- The Cleaning Authority - Careless cleaners
- The Cleaning Authority - Beware
- The Cleaning Authority - huntington owner/staff. horrible customer service 
- The Cleaning Authority - not cleaning thoroughly
- The Cleaning Authority - Cleaning Service - Palm Harbor
- The Cleaning Authority - Unethical behavior - stealing
- The Cleaning Authority of San Antonio - Gary lenard, owner