The Cleaning AuthorityStolen jewelry

A

The Cleaning Authority staff has been stealing jewelry over the past 1 1/2 years. They have taken one piece at a time, so I did not see what was happening until I counted 5 "unaccounted" pieces. When I confronted the supervisor I was told it was too late to file a claim, no further action was taken though I did find that one cleaner was caught by another client with stolen jewelry on her. Also, inaccurate records of who actually cleaned my house and an unfiled previous complaint from me made me decide to cancel service and file this.

• Do
    Donna Scance Nov 27, 2010

I wish I checked out this website before hiring the cleaning authority. What a waste of money. They give you a "rush" job & I not only had a necklace that was stolen, but a statue that was damaged. They offered to clean my house up to the cost of the statue. Why would I want you people in my house again? You did a horrible job cleaning, stole a necklace & ruined a statue. That was 2 months ago, & still have not heard from the insurance company. I'm surprised this company is still in business & I will definitely bad mouth them until they're out of business!

• Do
    Donna Scance Nov 27, 2010

I'm amazed at how many unhappy customers there are out there. Why is this place still in business? The lesson I learned here? ALWAYS check out reviews & comments before hiring a service you never used before. No wonder I couldn't find anyone to recommend this service to me. They stink at what they do & they're thieves!

• Tr
    Trefny Mar 25, 2011

I recently cancelled my service with the 'Cleaning Authority' in Huntington New York. Approximately 9 months ago I noticed one of my rings was missing. When the cleaning team arrived for there scheduled visit, I asked the team leader (the only one that spoke English) did she see the ring. I also mentioned the missing ring to the owner Michael Mucci. He said, "My girls go through background checks, and I have never had a complaint".

Several month passed ~ I was never able to find the ring. A few weeks ago, I looked for my necklace ~ missing. I searched my jewelry box, and the surrounding area to no avail. When I had the opportunity to speak with Michael Mucci again, I told him I was missing another item. He immediately said, my girls don't steal, AND you have a balance. Michael Mucci then said he was going to take me to small claims court for the balance of 489.00. Needless to say, my stolen jewelry cost 5 times that amount.
    I agree with the other posted comment, the theft happened in one piece at a time!
    Cleaning Authority of Huntington, NY is not a company I plan to every use again!

• Ki
    Kittkatt Dec 17, 2015

Cleaning authority in Indianapolis owner Randy also told me the same thing "his girls don't steal" yet I am missing a lot of jewelry, but most importantly is my $6, 200 diamond earrings. I was told he asked them and they said they didn't take it and no further investigation is going to be done, no insurance claim and basically its my problem. DO NOT hire these people!!! Cash taken several times and other jewelry missing but didn't think it was stolen until I noticed my dresser left wide open and the cabinet where earrings were at also open as though someone were about to catch them and they hurried out of the room and forgot to go back and shut things or I might not have known they were gone for awhile. This place needs to go out of business.