The Children's Place / return policy/ poor customer service

Markham, ON, Canada Review updated:

I attempted to return a dress to the Children's Place in Markville Mall in Markham, Ontario today (June 09). The item was a gift from a family member and I received a gift receipt but was unaware that there was an expiry to it. When I went in to the store today a sales associate informed me the gift receipt was expired (June 06 was the expiry date) and there was nothing she could do. She was less than helpful but eventually gave me a customer service number when I continued to press. I called the number and spoke to 3 different repersentatives who all reiterated it was company policy to refuse returns past the expiry date and there was nothing to be done. I am now left with a dress that my infant daughter won't wear and a sense of disbelief and frustration that Children's Place, which one imagines caters mostly to busy parents, was unwilling to resolve such a simple issue. Please consider your customer base and reevaluate your return policy. Parents frequently receive gifts for their children (with and without gift receipts) and it can be difficult to get to a store in a particular frame of time. I could understand if the receipt had expired a couple of months ago but it was 3 days. Surely you could have made an exception in the name of good customer service?

So