Tennessee Wholesale Nursery / Refusal to refund

12845 State Route 108, Altamont, TN 37301-3000, Altamont, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: (931) 692-4252

Complaint Description:
Company said that plant would grow in Ohio but several others have said otherwise. Did not receive any information on their cancellation policy. Says on website that they will not dig plant until the day specified in the comments section of the order. Tried to cancel order within 24 hours of order but they said they had already dug and shipped the plants. Pointed out that I did not want the plants until March 10th and had specified in comments section as instructed. They admitted they hadn't shipped yet but still said they had dug, even though they were not supposed to until March 10th (as specified on their website). TN Nursery refuse to refund my credit card money back and are still planning to ship. Also, it says that they have a BBB A+ rating on dandb.com but I see that they have a D on your website.

Asked for cancellation and refund and asked them not to ship trees and have informed them I will refuse the order. Contacted credit card and am currently disputing the charge.

Tennessee Wholesale Nursery

Comments

• Mr
      Apr 26, 2012

Ordered pines from this company. They are all dying. Would never order from them again.

• Ga
      May 15, 2012
    Best Best Advice

This nursery could care less about the quality of the product that they ship out. It's an ingenious scam, you can only report problems within 24 hours of delivery, but no signing is required upon delivery to establish time. Basically, they say all the plants look dead when you get them and they should be watered for 3-4 days to bring them back to life, and if they don't...tough luck, you're out of the 24 hour refund window. These people are like those Nigerian internet scammers, STAY AWAY!

May 15, 2012

Couldn't agree more. Be advised that they have a D rating with the BBB even though they claim A+.

• Fr
      Dec 02, 2012

I ordered 100 4 to 5 foot privot hedge shrubs for $400 bucks from TN Nursuries. TN Nursery got my money and I received 30 4 to 5 ft shrubs and 70 2 ft shrubs. The 2 footers were packaged inside the taller shrubs as a disguise. When Emailing them with my complaint, they said to sue them because being out of state there was nothing I could do..Quite the Scam! Well, maybe those TN hicks do not realize that false deliveries won't fly when the internet complaints put them out of business.
    Frank

• I was Sued By Tennessee Wholesale Nursery. I purchased bare root plants from this company in the Spring of 2011. I was not happy with my purchase and I felt the company could have offered to do a whole lot more to stand behind their products. Being dissatisfied with their policies, I posted a negative review of this company on the Garden Watchdog section of www.davesgarden a gardening forum by gardeners for gardeners. The company apparently took exception to my review on Dave's Garden because they sued me for defamation (Libel) and damages in the amount of $13, 000.00 plus court costs and attorney fees. The trial took place in Grundy County Tennessee General Sessions Court on September 27, 2011 and lasted approximately 4 hours. I drove from Maryland to Tennessee to appear in court to defend myself with the help of the local attorney I hired. The judge reached his verdict on October 7, 2011. He dismissed this case against me "for lack of jurisdiction" in Tennessee (I am from Maryland) and also because "the plaintiffs (the nursery) failed to establish a prima facie case of defamation". Who would have thought that spending $220.30 at an online nursery in Tennessee would end up with me having to appear in court and spending thousands of dollars in travel expenses and attorney fees to defend myself from a lawsuit which started out as a $220.30 purchase?

• Noted on 2/6/2013 - Tennessee Wholesale Nursery currently appears to be using the following business names online: TN Tree Nursery; DNT Tree Nursery; Quick Growing Trees and Tennessee Wholesale Nursery.

• Noted on 2/6/2013 Tennessee Wholesale Nursery currently appears to be using the following business names online: TN Tree Nursery; DNT Tree Nursery; Quick Growing Trees; and Tennessee Wholesale Nursery.

• Co
      Dec 30, 2014

Tennessee Nursery has low prices and all their stock is good quality. Proud to say I buy and resell their products. Hard work pays off. You have a beautiful place there!

• Sy
      Dec 19, 2015

They do me good every time i bought from them. I believe this is Y'alls competition paying for this negative stuff guys. I cant believe this, I have bought for 31 years from this company.
    Guy Nadhish

• Tw
      Jun 14, 2019

@syd green LOL With the number of negative reviews in detail spread all over the internet with regard to this company, there is no way they are are from competitors. It takes virtually no time via a google search and there are dozens upon dozens. This company does offer a discount if you leave a positive review. I guess they need some kind of offset. I dunno, maybe you're the fake...you seem to the the lone positive reviewer?

• Sy
      Dec 19, 2015

This company is the real deal. order and see. I have ordered from them for 5 years and all my stock has lived and done excellent. They pack well for transit too.
    Syd Green

Jan 25, 2016

I wasn't sent what I ordered, quantity or value. I called to correct the situation 3 times. I was told my order was being shipped. I never received it. After I sent multiple emails, I was finally responded to. They said I should send back the wrong plants. This was 2 months after they were shipped to me and they refused to pay for shipping even though it was their error. I tried to reason with them and work out a solution. I was told to call back and get the person on the phone that told me they shipped. Horrible to deal with.

Oct 31, 2017

Have you ever seen the movie “Matilda”? You know, the one where the Dad is a used car salesman that rolls back the mileage with a drill, glues on the bumpers instead of welding them and puts saw dust in the transmission all to make the car appear like a good buy. TN Nursery’s business model reminds me a lot of that movie. They make their business appear legit by having a nice looking website. But when your shipment comes, it’s a lemon. Here’s what happened in my case. I ordered one tree. It was shipped wrapped in some burlap (no box) with a shipping label taped on. The tree had no roots. The root ball had been broken off before shipment and it was shipped as a stick. There were no roots at all in the package. So for my money, I received a dead stick.

I called and was instructed to email them pictures which I did. They answered that email saying that per their warranty policy I needed to send the product back to get credit for it. Pictures aren’t sufficient. So their business model is to mail out very poorly packaged garbage (it’s garbage so why package it nicely) knowing that the customer likely will not spend $10 to $20 of their own money to ship back that garbage in hopes that he gets a replacement (worth less than he paid for in shipping) that is not garbage.

“Don’t people need good trees. Can’t you sell good trees, Dad?” Why anyone would want to base a business where they have zero chance of a return customer is beyond me. I guess they think there is an endless supply of people that they can fool once with their website. Then when they’ve burned all those bridges, start the business under a new name.

• Gf
      May 15, 2018

I m in Texas, I bought 25 pine tree and 25 ivy, they arrived in a cartboard with no case an no ground, just the roots, they all died in three days, they have no warranty.
    They shoul not ship it like that .
    I will not buy anymore from this company, they don t even respont to your email.
    Scam or rip off i believe

• Ov
      Jul 10, 2018

Wish I had searched for reviews about this company before buying anything from them. Everything stated by others about this company is true. Hidden in their "warranty" page is clause that they can send you anything they want essentially. They claim equal or grater, but what I received was a common grass plant rather than the more expensive plant I ordered.

They will only offer store credit, but if you buy anything from them with such credit, you would have to keep in mind the substitution clause.

If you read their reviews and their reply across the net, it is painfully obvious that this "business" is just scamming people out of their money.

They took one customer to court for a review years ago (and lost) and have threatened people with ruining their credit by filing false unpaid debt claims and using collection agents to hunt them down and harass them. Both of these are violation of the law.

• Tn
      Sep 11, 2018

Got some sticks. Got the shaft. We basically laughed at me when confronted by details.
    They will not honor anything because they are not honorable.

• Ga
      Apr 12, 2019

I placed an order on Aug 9th 2018 to be shipped out fall (mid November). I received my 25 plants (plugs) 10 days later. I called them and they said it would be ok.. #1 I wasnt ready to plant in mid August- which we did. #2 I wanted them in the fall. #3 it was too hot to plant them. These plants come pulled from the ground in a baggy. I got them on sale with a coupon. I paid $41.25 total with shipping and all. I ordered 25 Pink muhly grass plugs. I have NOT one plant what so ever in my yard. They are all gone and dead. I have pictures of every thing and emails from the last 2 days. They want me to resend back all the dead plants. There are NO PLANTS they are dead and gone. I told them I can send back roots of something that is in the holes. Brittney said ok.. Needless to say I will only get credit back- then I have to reorder my plants.. I wanted and even exchange and she wont do it.. They are more expensive now- I had a $5 coupon. To ship the 25 plants it will cost me $14.95. Then to reorder them I pay the $8.95 shipping once again. For these 25 plugs I paid $32.29 and by the time I get done these will cost me a total of $72.15!!! That is shipping @ $8.95 2x, $14.95 shipping roots back, increase of price and no discount. I should get an even exchange.. This company has other business names: Wetland Supplies Quick Growing Trees (quick-growing-trees.com) Philip Sons Nursery (nativewildflowers.net) DNT Tree Farm (also dba DNT Nursery) The Tree Nursery (tnnursery.net; formerly TN Tree Nursery) Trees-Plants (trees-plants.com) Garden Delights Online Plant Nursery TN Garden Center This is not how you should treat people. I have bought many other plants and trees from them and Quick growing trees. I bought ground cover last summer for the fall and they sent it in the summer AGAIN and it was what they chose- it wasnt even what I ordered.
    BE CAREFUL!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.. You are not getting a savings in the long run.. Go locally to a store or order form a place that has good reviews or you know they will back up their merchandise.. This is ridiculous..
    For this price I could have bought one or 2 large plants and took off my own plugs! DONT DO IT!

• Ro
      May 23, 2019

I wish I had checked these reviews before I dealt with Tennessee Wholesale Nursery. I ordered 10 shrubs in early March 2019, received my order 6 weeks later only to discover it was the wrong order and what's more, everything in it was dead. I notified them, received the correct order a week later, but again, everything was dead. I no longer wanted anything to do with the company and asked for a refund. They insisted I had to send my order back at my own shipping expense. I did so, sent them the shipping receipt, and asked for my money back plus my return shipping expense. They issued me store credit for the amount I had paid them and refused to cover my return shipping cost. Since I'd never do business with them again, store credit is of no value to me. Why is this place still in business? Like others here, I'd give zero stars if that were an option.

• Ju
      May 28, 2019

Ordered 10-Arborvitae-Emerald Green Pine Trees for privacy at my home, and received 10-lifeless spruce trees. I also ordered one redbud tree and it arrived dead. I requested the trees to be replaced. They responded: "We have the right to substitute the trees" I requested to speak to the supervisor: They responded: "Did you plan the trees? Thank you! It's clearly they don't care about the customer after you make a purchase. Therefore, my only alternative is to dispute the charge with the credit card and BBB.