Telecheck / how to get even

1 MI, United States Review updated:

For anyone here in Michigan that gets denied arbitrarily by Telecheck, I was successful in going after then for a vilolation of the Consumers Protection Statute 445.903 which calls for $250.00 in damages. In my case, they denied my checks 12 times and admitted that they should not have because there was nothing negative about my check writing habbits. Yet they still stated they could do so t any time to any one they wanted to (they are very arrogant). I got a $3, 075.00 judgement against them in small claims court and was about to serve the main merchant I shop at, with a garnishment order when they paid up the money. If you are in Michigan, and you have NEVER bounced a check to their merchants, or have any reason for them to turn you down, use this statute and fight back in court. They did not show up but I still had to prove my damages in order to win.

Ta

Comments

9th of Nov, 2009

Does anyone know if there is a class action suit in Massachusetts against Telecheck? If so, I would like to add my name to a lawsuit.

• Hk
      14th of Jan, 2010

your story.does not add up.. you won a default judgment to telecheck ... whoopie.. then you claim you were going to serve a garnishment on the merchant hmmm..

better read up on the law and make sure you know what your talking about next time you become a fiction writer