Telecheck / Check processing at major drug & discount stores.

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

For no reason, out of blue, check at Kmart, then Walgreens was denied. Called bank immediately and they had not received checks. Knew there was ample funds and bank confirmed cash available in checking acct. So mgr at Walgreens gives me 800 # to call. Call Telecheck and the run around begins. Meanwhile, she asks for all my bank information. . to confirm, right? Wrong. Clear that Kmart, Walgreens, and Walmart have recently signed up and if you don't write a lot of checks. . you wi be denied. Rep said it has nothing to do with funds. It appears that a 3rd company now has access to all our private financial info. So who is going to protect us from Telecheck? Right now it appears they have me over barrel. It is extremely alarming that financial info is being passed around like its nothing. It also appears that there are few if any good reasons for denials. So good people trying to control finances are being harmed. Your checking account is no longer accessible for use. Forcing consumers to use credit cards. See any conflict folks? I am going to start petition to demand list of companies who use Telecheck and then set up process to let each company see how many sign petition to avoid companies serviced by Telecheck. This is crazy. Rep told me solution was to not write check for 7 days. Here you have some clerk feeling the power of control. Here you have a Walmart, Walgreen, etc. Vendor telling me when I can write a check. Crazy.

Ka
Jul 28, 2016

Comments

• Co
      28th of Jul, 2016

Try cash, it works every time.

• Wi
      29th of Jul, 2016

Walmart has not 'recently signed up'. Walmart has used TeleChek for years.

• Ro
      24th of Mar, 2018

Telecheck needs to be stopped and we need to sign a petition and have it forward to Walmart and have them stop using Telecheck for there check processing center. They're not a credited business and Walmart needs to find another company to handle their check processing issues.

• Wi
      24th of Mar, 2018

@Roxy “Roxy” Not an accredited business? Telechek has been around for decades.