Telebrands/pedipaws / Scam-Fraud

i ordered pedipaws, with the knowledge that i could try this, and if i wasn't satisfied with it, within 30 days could return it for a refund. well i called, got a RA#, returned it via UPS. i waited for about 3 weeks, still no refund to my card. i called them 3 times, and got a runaround from zombies that seemed to reading from a script.

i finally called my credit card co, explained that i've been ripped off, that i have tracked my return and they did receive it and sign for it. they just won't give me my refund. my cc company is sending me the necessary "dispute" forms and will credit my card the $59.71 they charged me for this junk, that i returned!

De

Comments

4th of Dec, 2008

After placing my order at the very poorly designed "Pedi-Paws" website (which fails to reveal the total cost until AFTER one has entered credit card information and clicked "submit order"), I tried for two days to call the company to cancel my order. This was because the total my credit card was being charged was much more than I expected it to be (but I had no way of knowing this until it was too late). I was told both times that it was too soon to cancel the order as it wasn't yet "in the system". And yet when I checked my credit card statement online, the company had claimed a payment for the order the day after I placed it. These people are lying to customers.

I never received a confirmation of my order at the email address I provided, either. The first notification I received, almost a week after I placed the order, was an email notice that the products had been SHIPPED. TeleBrands' failure to send notification immediately of an order received, and instead waiting until the order has shipped, is at the very least unethical. I have ordered hundreds of items online and have never had such a thing happen before.

What's worse is that I find that my single order has miraculously morphed into TWO orders, totaling almost $300. I will mark both packages REFUSED and send them back when they arrive. I have notified my credit card company, and they will dispute both charges. If this happens to you, the credit card company requests that you get a receipt from the post office to support your claim that the merchandise was indeed returned. And I will warn all of my friends never to order anything from TeleBrands!