Teco / extorsion

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

This is an outrage!!! I too have unsuccessfully just gotten off the phone with a representative who told me there is nothing they can do about the $280 deposit Teco has arbitrarily decided I need to pay or they will disconnect! There has to be a law! It can't be legal to force people already struggeling to make ends meet through no fault of their own to pay these obscene charges or they have no ELECTRICITY. Some one out there please help us.

Fe

Comments

• Gr
      28th of Jul, 2009

This is exactly what they are doing, EXTORTION from the consumers who can't change eletric companies!! There is a monopoly going on!! How can they hold over $550.00 in deposit just in case you leave your home!!! Sounds like a ggod scam to me!!

• Cr
      5th of Apr, 2011

TECO had me arrested because I allegedly "stole" electricity from them by running an extension cord from a house that had "an illegal hook-up".
    There was a lengthy 'investigation' that led to my arrest. I cannot find a lawyer in Tampa, Florida that has balls enough to sue these rodents. TECO MUST be stopped before ALL residents in Tampa suffer the losses that I have. Send me a lawyer with balls PLEASE before it's too late for all of us! Extortion is one thing. Monopoly is another, but being FALSELY charged with theft is OUTRAGEOUS. This is the END for TECO. I will spend the rest of my life suing these cockroaches and making them suffer just like they did to me..