The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Tampa Electric — deposits for elecric bill
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I have been averaging about 10 days late on my electric bill for the past few months and recently received a bill for a deposit in the amount of $660 . I spoke with 4 supervisors and am waiting for a return call from a member of management outside of customer service. I have had this account since 1998. This was a secured account with a $190 deposit (avg 1 month electric use back then). Because our credit was good and the account was paid on time for 12 months, we got the deposit back in 2003. Now, we are going through issues like many and have been late. This time they want 2 months worth and do not have the $. I do not understand how they can offer us a deposit back when we have money and are doing well but will not help when we have no money. I was also told the deposit is so high because my bills are high. I explained that my usage is down, but the bill is higher because they are charging more. They also get interest on my late payments. I have seen many of the same postings but no follow up. What will happen if we keep the account paid but do not pay the deposit?
More Tampa Electric Complaints & Reviews
- Tampa Electric/teco - DEPOSITS
- Teco Gas - Unfairly discriminating against people!
- Tampa Electric - OVERCHARGE
- Teco - Request for deposit
- Teco - Digital meter
- Teco Peoples Gas FLorida - Broken Gate
- Tampa Electric - Electricity Service Billing Practices
- Teco - Power shut off
- Tampa Electric / Teco Energy - Overcharges and late fees
- Teco Tampa Electric And Peoples Gas - electric bill