TD Canada Trust Bank / recent letter re heir potential

1-5 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Recently received. Letter from Paul Alfred Thomas, TD Canada Trust Bank, [protected]@gmail.com, stating that I might be an heir to a Joe Granke who died in 2007 in London. Is this for real or a scam? I am highly suspicious especially since the letter is not on any bank letterhead and the city is listed as Ontario, which I know is not a city.

TD Canada Trust Bank

Gi
Apr 18, 2017

Comments

• Ce
      22nd of May, 2017

My husband received a similar letter, just today. it was to a joe_. our last name. all the other circumstances were the same, died in london in 2007, intestate, etc. pretty sure its a scam!

• Ro
      30th of Jul, 2018

@Cecily McCulley I received a letter same black and white letter head .. my account manager was a Richard HYTON. MY NEXT OF KIN DIED IN London 2008. Leaving. $9.2million... wow. Said he was a US citizen.

• Di
      17th of Oct, 2018

@Robynn Kleck I also got a letter from Richard Hyton identical to your letter, same verbiage, same inheritance amount, same death by cardiac arrest in London in 2008! He gave his email address as [protected]@yandex.com. These evil guys should be stopped somehow.
    Diane P., Illinois - Oct. 17, 2018

• Ns
      27th of Jul, 2017

I got a letter saying I inherited money from a relative, and my money is in TD Canada trust bank !! He gave an [protected]@gmail.com !!! FRAUD !!! SCAM !! They need to be stopped and exposed !!

• La
      6th of Sep, 2017

I received an email and although the name of the deceased is different the sender name is the same. So now there are 3 instances of this attempt to do do something that either way you look at it is must be illegal.

2nd of Nov, 2017

I just received my letter today. I'm in Virginia. Who is doing this needs to be stopped before someone falls victim to it.

2nd of Nov, 2017

@Bake41 I apologize, Whoever

• Br
      3rd of Nov, 2017

I received a letter dated September 27, 2017 from the Canada Trust Bank and a Mr. Pethuel Andrew Timothee email: [protected]@gmail.com saying that I had a relative that died in 2007 from a cardiac arrest in London and that I was the next of kin and this inheritance is worth $9.2 million US dollars. He goes on to say that this requires all confidently and that I need to keep this absolutely discreet until I am able to claim the funds from the bank and then once the funds are released to me it will be shared between the two of us he says.. I wish this was legit, I certainly could use this inheritance of $9.2 Million US dollars...lol.

• Mr
      14th of Nov, 2017

We just received the same letter. I agree that is a scam and need to be stopped. If anyone has any ideas how to stop these predators, let us know.

• Do
      21st of Nov, 2017

I have seen & heard about these scam. the question everyone should ask is: "do I have any rich relative that I knew to be named in the letter. if the answer is no, maybe, or unsure, then you are being scammed. there is no easy rich winning in life. people normally fall for these scams are due to greed. no such things as easy inheritance, gift, or nobility. stop wasteful thinking.

• Ze
      8th of Jun, 2018

Don't be a sucker! we just received the same letter, word for word, same amount of money. listing a relative that we know never existed!!! it was on fake canada trust letterhead with the letterhead logo only in black and white.
    It states it is from a mr. jean drape, account manager of canada trust bank.
    Don't fall for this scam.

Mountain mama, colorado springs, colorado

• Ju
      26th of Jun, 2018

@Zena Lynn we got the same letter today, came in a salvation army envelope!

• Do
      28th of Aug, 2018

Just received similar letter from Mr. Thomas [protected]@gmailcom. 9.2 Million. Canada mailing and everything. Screw you scammer! I really liked the guy that died with first name of Geo. Expensive car isn't it.

• Pa
      30th of Aug, 2018

We received a letter also for 9.4 million. TD Canada Bank also and with the name of Geo also.

• Co
      13th of Sep, 2018

We got a letter yesterday from Tomas Mendu stating a relative died in London and left 9.2 million behind. I love the statement at the end of the 4th paragraph. "Once the funds are released to you, it will be shared between the two of us." Ha ha!!! As if I would SHARE it!
    We also received the latest AARP Builletin with the Dark Web as its main article. Funny they both came the same day in the mail. I think that was no coincidence.

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2018

Just received the same black and white letter head letter from Daniel Schad who lol works at Canada Trust. I am a IT Computer Manager and this makes me laugh but also angry at this crook.

You can do something...report his domain to the register indicating by email or phone that he is solitating fraud under the domain name of yandex.com and you are reporting it through your abuse email or phone number. He will get his domain blacklisted or removed and have to spend another 10 bucks for a new one.

Registrar
    WHOIS Server: whois.safenames.net
    URL: http://www.safenames.net
    Registrar: Safenames Ltd
    IANA ID: 447
    Abuse Contact [protected]@safenames.net
    Abuse Contact Phone: +44.1908200022

You can check yourself by Googling whois

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2018

Oh I forgot that you letter might have a different email...just look at the right side of the email after the [protected]@[protected] sign and Google whois and look up the register abuse reporting email.

• Pa
      13th of Oct, 2018

It is October 2018 and we just received a letter regarding inheritance to the sum of $47, 000, 000.00!
    I was skeptical and tried finding the obituary or any information regarding the supposed deceased, which I was unable to find. After looking at the letter, aside from the lack of a proper header, there are many small spelling and grammar mistakes throughout the letter. This may not seem like an issue, but a respectable company, especially with clients trusting them with millions of dollars, will make sure that they have the proper employees and software to proofread their letters before sending them out. Seeing that this would be a very important document I feel that the sender would have requested a signature upon delivery of the letter to show that it was delivered to the proper recipient. At the bottom of the letter it should have also been personally signed by the supposed Account Manager but it is instead a copy of a signature indicating that this letter has been reproduced many times. The main red flags are: being asked to keep this matter private and the biggest giveaway is the "Account Manager" is requesting to share the funds 50/50. If this were legit you would not be entitled to "share" any of your money.
    Do not respond to this letter or get your hopes up. Report it and make these scammers known.

• Cu
      22nd of Oct, 2018

Similar scam was sent to my sister today, $9.2m inheritance, guy died in London with our same last name, no return address, response to personal email, saying to keep it private, and other red flags. Don't touch it.

13th of Nov, 2018

Just received a letter that I won $850, 000 as my sweepstakes prize that was randomly selected through medical professionals database.

Lots of errors in the letter. black and white letterhead with a photocopied signature.

Throw it away and save the heartache.

Bambi b

• Sh
      19th of Jan, 2019

My step dad received this letter today. I pray NO ONE falls for this crap!!

• We
      11th of Feb, 2019

This scam continues. It is 2019 and I received one today. a citizen in the United states with my last name died in London... Keep the letter confidential and tell no one! Sad, but you know that someone will fall for scam.

• Na
      19th of Feb, 2019

Hello. I just received one today. Same wording as those posted here.

21st of Feb, 2019

A friend fell for this same scam couple of years ago but she was lucky to get majority of her funds back through the help of www Myprincipalchargeback com. They really did a good job in helping her.