TD Canada Trust bank

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 by

Recent letter re heir potential

Ontario, Canada
Paulalfredthomas104@gmail.com
Recently received. Letter from Paul Alfred Thomas, TD Canada Trust Bank, paulalfredthomas104@gmail.com, stating that I might be an heir to a Joe Granke who died in 2007 in London. Is this for real or a scam? I am highly suspicious especially since the letter is not on any bank letterhead and the city is listed as Ontario, which I know is not a city.

TD Canada Trust bank

Complaint comments Comments (8)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Banks
More TD Canada Trust bank Complaints & Reviews
TD Canada Trust bank - I got scammed [1]

Comments

N  22nd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
My husband received a similar letter, just today. It was to a Joe__________. Our last name. All the other circumstances were the same, died in London in 2007, intestate, etc. Pretty sure its a scam!
N  27th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I got a letter saying I inherited money from a relative, and my money is in TD Canada trust bank !! He gave an e-mail...johnlukeman102@gmail.com !!! FRAUD !!! SCAM !! They need to be stopped and exposed !!
A  6th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received an email and although the name of the deceased is different the sender name is the same. So now there are 3 instances of this attempt to do do something that either way you look at it is must be illegal.
N  2nd of Nov, 2017 by    -1 Votes
I just received my letter today. I'm in Virginia. Who is doing this needs to be stopped before someone falls victim to it.
N  2nd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Bake41 I apologize, Whoever
N  3rd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received a letter dated September 27, 2017 from the Canada Trust Bank and a Mr. Pethuel Andrew Timothee email: ptimothee101@gmail.com saying that I had a relative that died in 2007 from a cardiac arrest in London and that I was the next of kin and this inheritance is worth $9.2 million US dollars. He goes on to say that this requires all confidently and that I need to keep this absolutely discreet until I am able to claim the funds from the bank and then once the funds are released to me it will be shared between the two of us he says.. I wish this was legit, I certainly could use this inheritance of $9.2 Million US dollars...lol.

A  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
We just received the same letter. I agree that is a scam and need to be stopped. If anyone has any ideas how to stop these predators, let us know.
N  21st of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have seen & heard about these scam. The question everyone should ask is: "Do I have any rich relative that I knew to be named in the letter. If the answer is no, maybe, or unsure, then you are being SCAMMED. THERE IS NO EASY RICH WINNING IN LIFE. People normally fall for these scams are due to GREED. NO SUCH THINGS AS EASY INHERITANCE, GIFT, OR NOBILITY. STOP WASTEFUL THINKING.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree