TD Canada Trust bank

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 by

Recent letter re heir potential

Ontario, Canada
Paulalfredthomas104@gmail.com
Recently received. Letter from Paul Alfred Thomas, TD Canada Trust Bank, paulalfredthomas104@gmail.com, stating that I might be an heir to a Joe Granke who died in 2007 in London. Is this for real or a scam? I am highly suspicious especially since the letter is not on any bank letterhead and the city is listed as Ontario, which I know is not a city.

TD Canada Trust bank

Complaint comments Comments (7)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Banks
More TD Canada Trust bank Complaints & Reviews
TD Canada Trust bank - I got scammed [1]

Comments

N  22nd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
My husband received a similar letter, just today. It was to a Joe__________. Our last name. All the other circumstances were the same, died in London in 2007, intestate, etc. Pretty sure its a scam!
N  27th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I got a letter saying I inherited money from a relative, and my money is in TD Canada trust bank !! He gave an e-mail...johnlukeman102@gmail.com !!! FRAUD !!! SCAM !! They need to be stopped and exposed !!
A  6th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received an email and although the name of the deceased is different the sender name is the same. So now there are 3 instances of this attempt to do do something that either way you look at it is must be illegal.
N  2nd of Nov, 2017 by    -1 Votes
I just received my letter today. I'm in Virginia. Who is doing this needs to be stopped before someone falls victim to it.
N  2nd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Bake41 I apologize, Whoever
N  3rd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received a letter dated September 27, 2017 from the Canada Trust Bank and a Mr. Pethuel Andrew Timothee email: ptimothee101@gmail.com saying that I had a relative that died in 2007 from a cardiac arrest in London and that I was the next of kin and this inheritance is worth $9.2 million US dollars. He goes on to say that this requires all confidently and that I need to keep this absolutely discreet until I am able to claim the funds from the bank and then once the funds are released to me it will be shared between the two of us he says.. I wish this was legit, I certainly could use this inheritance of $9.2 Million US dollars...lol.

A  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
We just received the same letter. I agree that is a scam and need to be stopped. If anyone has any ideas how to stop these predators, let us know.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree