TCF Bank / Harassment!

1 Detroit, MI, United States Review updated:

I had to close my account at this bank for their policies regarding NSF and "debit posting dates". They do free checking to lure in clientèle that may not have the ability to live more than paycheck to paycheck (means overdraft fees). Their customer service is atrocious (probably because they pay their tellers minimum wage)

And now, two years after walking out of that bank for the last time with a closed account paid in full, I can't open an account at another bank because they have me reported on CHEXsystems as owing them money!!!

I called their customer service and she confirmed that I owe them no money, but I have to go in and show them some letter they supposedly sent me to get it removed. Bull!

Br

Comments

2nd of May, 2008

Why are they getting away with their practices. Is it legal what they are doing. Taking money from the hard working people who trust them with their money. I'm so sick of this bank practices. Who is the president of this bank. Seems that he/she hide in closed doors. They hired uneducated people so they just be followers on what they do. I know this bank will eventually get audit and they find out who is behind all this.

• La
      24th of Dec, 2008

I totally agree. You can hear it in the way the reps speak. Their rude 24/7, especially in the Detroit area. I'm closing my account this weekend after I open a new one somewhere else.

• Be
      7th of Mar, 2009

The tellers aren't paid minimum wage... check your facts.