TCF Bank / Fraudulent charges
OK, so here goes. A few years ago I deposited a paycheck into my TCF bank account. No problem so far. THEN, I go to check my balance online and said that $275 was deducted from my account. I went into my local branch and asked why the hell they would do that. The woman looked it up and told me it was from an overdrawn account. I did have an overdrawn account, which was OK because I paid the $80 something dollars for that overdrawn account.
I also had the paperwork proving that it was only $80 and it was paid in full. I got a little pissed and called customer service and they asked me my account number, and SSN. She told me that the SSN I gave her did not match the account that was overdrawn on the $275. I asked her for the name on the account that opened it. Now my name is Jason with the last name that starts with a 'J'. The name on the account was 'J Jxxxxxx'.
I asked her if it was my twin brother Josh's account. She said she couldn't say. I grabbed my dad's tax records and found Josh's SSN, and gave it to the woman. She said that was the SSN that was associated with the $275 overdraft fee. I asked her why this was linked to me. Considering my twin and I have the same initials, same birthday, they linked that $275 to me, and since it was taken from my account, that was ok to TCF.
The woman ACTUALLY told me that there was nothing that I could do about it! So the next day I closed down my account and went to a bank that I know for a fact that my twin has never used. Do yourself a favor, don't bank with TCF. I just want my $275 back...
More TCF Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - TCF takes advantage of their customers! 
- TCF Bank - Hold on cash deposit 
- TCF Bank - Worst customer service ever 
- TCF Bank - TCF to pay in class-action 
- TCF Bank - Fraud and Customer Service 
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - I received an email indicating there was fraud on my checking account.
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - dishonest and unethical business services
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - tcf bank closed my account with no notifications 
- TCF Bank - poor management of my checking account
- TCF Bank - mortgage balloon, mortgage modification