TCF Bankthey rape people with bogus nsf charges

J Review updated:

TCF PRIDES ITSELF ON RAPING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY USING NSF AS AN EXCUSE

DO NOT GO THERE!! THEY SUCK!! STAY AWAY FROM

TOTTALY GHETTO CHECKING

THE HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AROUND

THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY - THEY WILL TELL YOU LIES!!!

STAY FAR AWAY FROM TC[censored]

• T
      Aug 24, 2009

TCF = SUCK ### RIP OFF!!!

They changed their pollicy on 4/1/09. Now pending trans actions are held against your account and make the funds "unavailable". I ran this scenerio through with the bank manager, and she agreed, but seemed like she didn't care one bit.

-You deposit $20 in your account. Go spend $4 at starbucks on a cup of coffee. Then go put $1 in gas in your car, BUT the terminal at the gas station authorizes you for $20 (as most all of them do). When that $4 hits your account, the $20 "authorization" is "pending" and therefore the money is "unavailable" BAM $35 FEE! So you deposite $20, spend $5 and somehow are magically hit with a $35 dollar fee.

Funny that at the exact same time they changed this, they changed another pollicy, the amount that they will continue to authorize, when you're already negative! Before when you "cleared" ballance didn't have enough to cover a transaction, it was declined. But now with the new pollicy that's done away with, OH, but you can "opt" out of this part by sending in some letter to a PO box that'll fall through the cracks and nothing ever will be done with it! Now really why would you opt both of these at the exact same time. Well it's because they sneak the first couple overdrafts in there (even though you had money) but if they were to alert you that you were already negative (by declining your card), than they couldn't hit you for the other $500 in charges.

I personally RARELY ever have a problem with OD charges, cause I keep a close eye on it. 3 snow ball's this month with a total of more than $1000 in overdraft charges. All three times there was money in my account, more than enough to cover, but there were magically "authorizations" that made the funds "unavailable"... Get the ### outa here...$1000 when I actually had money in there?

As a customer I'm entrusting my money to a bank, I turst them to hold it, take care of it, watch after it, and make interest with it. I shoul NOT have to pay them when I'm doing a servie to them by LETTING them hold on to it for me. I'm LOANING it to them to make a piss interest rate so they can intern loan it back to me at 7-8% on a house 10-20% on a car or 15-30% on a credit card? Now on top of that I have to pay them out the ### because of how their magical system calculates things? ### THAT!

Becasue I did have issues with transferin money before when their online was down, I tried to get OD protection. I was told "Oh yea, no problem, with you're credit score we're going to give you the max ($2K)" Two months later, I got OD charges again, come to find out they didn't set it up. Not only that but they didn't give a ###. They had to repull my credit (which hurts my highly guarded score), and then they come back and tell me that I've had too many OD's in the last month that they can't set it up? WTF? Really? I have OD's cause those ###s didn't do their job right the first time, and you're not going to give me a line of credit cause you're affraid that I"m going to use it? How does that work?

I think what they really meant to say was, "If we set this up for you than our big wigs with inflated sallaries can't screw your ### as hard and take your hard earned money!"

Yes they did inform us though. Somewhere around March, it was on the last page of your statement, written in really small writing, disguised with a combination of legal, and "we're helping you" lingo, with statements like our debt system will be in "real time" (like it wasn't already before) sounding like they're updating to some cool new system. It was in that part with usless stuff that NO ONE EVER READS!!! Oh, and somewhere in the "we'll screw you" section of your paperwork when you first opened the account, you agreed that they could change pollicies to steal your money at any time, and you're ok with that.

Funny thing is ###s (probably who work there) get on here to defend them saying statement's like "well you just don't know how to manage your money", funny thing is that's the exact same attitude that the employee's there have too! I know that the complaint rate, and account clouser rate, AND the amount of online bashing has increase ALOT since this pollicy has enacted. Why cause we all can't manage our money? No you ### stick! It's because this policy SUCKS, and was soley implamented and designed to SCREW US out of our money... Again, why would you enact BOTH these new policies at the same time? Neither of them help us, One is designed to take the money, and the other to inflate the amount they can take. They word it like "we're doing you a favor by allowing you to purchase and by covering your purchases", the thing is though, by the time they're authorizing things because the funds aren't available you're well stooped into OD charges, AND to add to the confusion, they don't show up till a DAY LATER, so even if you think you got things straight, YOU DON'T cause they're already working on ###ing you again!!!

### TC[censored] And ### every last employee with the "I don't give a ###, it must be your fault attituede!"

• M
      Sep 11, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me. I went online because I knew I may OD, saw that I was because of PENDING transactions in the amount of about $17. Since it had previously been explained to me that PENDING transactions were not held against available funds, I transferred in $600 from savings, thinking I'd be safe. Low and behold, 2 days later I get 4 NSF fees totaling $140. WTF? I called them to straighten it out and was told I needed to be better at keeping track of my funds. On top of that, they charged me $5 for mail they sent me that the post office returned. I had nothing to do with that, why was I charged $5? What happened to the policy of TCF, the no hidden fee bank? I was able to get half of my money back on the phone, will try for the other half tomorrow at a branch, then will transfer my sizable savings account somewhere else Monday. I'm done with this ###. Credit Union, here I come.

•   Sep 27, 2009

Beware. TCFbank practices LAG balance to make money from their customers accounts.
    Deposit 50. Go spend 30 at walmart. 10 Gas. 10 at KFC. Their system will hold back KFC & GAS because it's considered minor charges and incredibly people tend to overlook those charges more often than the big store charges. The Gas & KFC stays in limbo for days or a week. Your balance however magically stays the same and thye allow for charges that went over the KFC & GAS charges. They basically will not calculate from those minor charges and will do this days or weeks hoping you forget about them and spend based on what you see according to the online balance. At a certain time when you finally hit a perfect OD amount they recalculate and actually do an a rework of your balances and amounts as well as charge dates. I have caught them wrongly calculating the charge dates on nearly most of my GAS & minor charges. So BAM $35 KFC, BAM $35 Gas, Bam $35 Wow, & so on down the list of minor charges that were in limbo awaiting the account re-balancing.

It's a good idea to leave TCF, go to wells fargo or somewhere else where you get real up to date spending and balancing for all your financial transactions. The downside of the other banks is that they are not free unless you are a student or part of some non profit agency. I am with them now and everything is calculated including the PENDINGS so you can't OD. It takes effort to OD at WellsFargo and once you OD you hardly want to battle it out cause you knew. Very nice.

TCF can go to hell.