Tata Indicom - Chennai / Worst service by tata indicom broadband chennai

1 India Review updated:

My Full Name is K. RAJA and i am residing at Kodambakkam (Chennai). I am working for a software company. I have been frustrated by the service of the Tata Indicom Broadband services. I wanted to get a Broadband Connection from TATA INDICOM BROADBAND and i made a payment of Rupees Six Hundred and Ninety Nine (699) to an executive Mr. Veeramani. The application number is 1594807.

I made the payment on 23-May-2006. The application is said to be submitted in 24-May-2006. During that time i was told that the connection will be provided in 4 working days.

They never informed me of any delay in that. Till date i have neither received the connection nor the Money back. None of those people called me regarding the delay. Each and every time i try to contact them, they dont attend my call or they dont give me a proper reply. So far i have called them N number of times but all in vain. So i would like to approach the Consumer council regarding this and wanted to approach them legally. They have given me mental tension because of this. Pls. guide me to proceed this further.

Raja

Ra

Comments

• Su
      1st of Sep, 2006

This is with regard to the change of address of our broadband connection.

Our old Address –

Alwarthirunagar.
    Near Kalyani Kalyana Mandapam
    Chennai – 87
    Phone Number – 044 65463660

We have been in touch with your Person Mr.Himanshu.—His phone number is 9282177271.We haven’t received a proper response and service through him.After several times of contacting him and informing him,he’s been very careless and did not bother to help us in this regard.Your customer service is not responding properly.

Being in a feasible area,being an existing customer Is this the service you provide us????

Expecting a proper response atleast now.

K.Suhasini

• Na
      5th of Sep, 2006

I myself work for a Tata company and find this really disappointing that I am saying something bad about Tata Indicom but I have been let down way too often. I have had really bad experiences with Tata Indicom.

• Rb
      2nd of Dec, 2006
    TATA Indicom - Chennai - Most inefficient service!
    India

With in a fortnight of securing the internet connection from Tata Indicom, Chennai (which itself was an ordeal), the connection stopped working at least on 6 occasions. Every time after several reminders, some body would turn up and change the router or junction box or channel or something and the connection would work just for a few hours. Again the routine of calling them would start. Totally disgusted I asked them to refund my money(several emails to Mumbai, chennai and in their feed back page). They have the audacity to say that somebody from Tata would collect the router without giving me any acknowledgment or receipt and I have to wait for 2 months to get my refund. My small advice to Tata top management would be -"enter the filed after training your people thoroughly and after ensuring all systems are in place". Dealing with Tata people in Chennai is nerve wrecking experience and the curses they get from gullible customers will not certainly put a group like Tata's in good stead.

29th of Dec, 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

Seasons greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tata IndiCom claims itself to be the best internet provider in India, but in fact after using it for the past 4 to 5 months, the whole experience is turning out to be a nightmare.

Firstly, I have been facing this “connectivity issue” for over a week or two and since I got this connection there is not a single day in which the service was 100% customer satisfactory. Then, how can you claim to be “The Best” when there is an unhappy customer whining all the time about this problem and not a single Customer Service agent coming to solve it after complaining about the problems faced umpteen times (and……I am sure my telephone bill is going to be sky rocketing, thanks to Tata IndiCom!!!).

The “Web Page Cannot Be Displayed” is a major feature in my Internet Explorer/Fire Fox now, earlier it used to be “Google,” but not anymore ever since I got Tata IndiCom Broadband.

The number of time I have called the so called “Customer Care Executive” and Field Agent” have exceeded so much that I have lost count. Below I will put a few of the complaint numbers that I got: 1261834 – 1261800 – 1326802, remember this is just a few.

The phone numbers I called:

9282179034 – This guy in particular was very very rude and yelled a couple of time.

And not to forget the Customer Care number 044-66540121, wherein they agents are very kind at the beginning and give the wrong solutions to solve the problems and make it worse, and then the field agents come in and say that all the setting given by the customer care executives are wrong and makes changes all over again.

And the good part is; in spite of the faulty service that the Tata IndiCom Broadband provides, they are very, very prompt to come knocking on our door to collect their bills without providing a single day of proper service.

I hope you guys who read this mail understand what is being typed and I guess am not the first customer who is complaining.

Your very unhappy customer,

Max

• Sh
      11th of Jun, 2007

I totally agree, tata indicom customer service is very bad, they are not giving proper answer, when ever i call customer care 121 regarding net is very slow or not working, they alway said that there is some updation is working on it, that why this problem is coming.

And one time my bill is high then customer care not give me details of usage and told me go to tata indicom mathura road delhi for bill details, this is disgusting, i am working person and does not have time to go there.

And they told me your usage is high and without any information they stop outgoing my phone.

I also call regarding change of owner of phone, they told my go to CP office for change of owner.

I fill away from tata indicom, its service is bag.

Thanks

• Ar
      16th of Nov, 2007

I want to know the address of this Tata indicom land line number 04466347842.

• Ar
      16th of Nov, 2007

I want to know the address of this Tata indicom land line numbero4466347842.

• Ka
      30th of Nov, 2007

I want to know the details about this Tata indicom land line number
    04464577126.

• Sr
      23rd of Dec, 2007

Yes I completely agree with the opinions here. Due to a very bad service, I disconnected the TATA Indicom line I had. It has been almost two months after I surrendered my equipment, but I did not get my deposit (Rs 3000.00) so far. I don't know as to what right does TATA INDICOM has to keep my deposit money for two months after surrendering the equipment. I think this is a kind of scam wherein they keep customer's money in their bank and earn interest for free. Even BSNL won't do such things. They should be ashamed of this.

• Je
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I am also one of the sufferers by Tata Indicom. Basically I am a Hardware Engineer. I am in this field from 1995. In case of internet connection, I believe and suggest always Tata Indicom. Because of these people is the gateway for Internet to India. Introduced Internet to India.

But when problems come, nobody will at least look over. As a technician I have so much experience with complaint login with HP, IBM, DELL…….. But never seen like Tata Indicom. 044-60607070. They will give new new complaint numbers, when we remind him. They won’t give any local contact numbers, technical support people’s contact numbers. If we called the previous attended engineer or known technical support guy’s mobile, they won’t pickup or told, I am not in that department, Please contact Customer care.

One more thing, unfortunately, the email id to ‘customercare’ very pathetic. Actually this type of emails will not go to one person. As a company they will create alias ids. Means an email send to customer care, will go to a group of people. Any one take responsibility to handle the client. But these people won’t reply nothing. Never consider.

If we have luck the problem will automatically be rectified. Very rare they will respond suddenly after 7 days.

Ok, even though I am using Tata Indicom for the past 4 years, successfully in Chennai. Previously I used the same vsnl in Tirunelveli for more than 5 years.

Thanks for reading with patience. At least my burden is reduced a little.

• Rl
      28th of Aug, 2008

Sir,
    The worst behaviour of tata staff is too much
    The chairman sri Rattan tata has started this
    with good ideolgy
    and the staff working for him are horrible
    If he omes to know about the compalints
    he will prefer to wind up tataindicom
    as he is thinking shift nano from west benagal

• Gd
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I have Tata Indcom Landline. Now My Landline is deactivated. Because I am not recharged my prepaid phone. I am out of station for past 3 months. I want to activate my phone. What I have to do. Please give me a suggestion.

My Phone no. 044 65917535

Thanks

Regars

G Dilli Babu

22nd of Sep, 2008

my connection was banned i would like to submit my adress proofs please send me the tata indicom outlets in chennai and also their adresses

• Kr
      31st of Oct, 2008

We have made a submission requestion on 15.07.2008 and the reference number is 127843457.And the instrument had been taken by tata indicom person on 25.08.2008 the receipt number is 34874.but we have not yet received any reply & refund from your end.Excepting reply from your end.

• So
      10th of May, 2009

worst tataindicom

• Jp
      19th of Jun, 2009

My Tata indicom Broadband A/c No is 9282349569. - Velachery, Chennai. The connection worked oly for two days... They say that the modem is faulty... Took away the modem for repair one month ago. Yet to get it back... All phone calls in vain... In addition, M/s Sougath, Gayathri and Sankar, who claims to be the staff of Tata INDICOM ...find saddistic pleasure in using abusive language... My payment gone ... in return I get only agony.

Smitha Prakash

• En
      10th of Apr, 2010

Hi Guys,

I know all your words are emotionally good; the apt of complaining is true but this will not be listened until you shown the message in higher level. Your words are poorless shouting inside the room. If everything is true, then pls follow things;

1) http://www.icrpc.org/ [Get consumer complaint procedures]
    2) Collect all e-mails like sales, customer service to all branches/countries - relevant to the Tatat Indicom Services, send all your concern details, may be atleast one of the e-mail will be pointed to a right person [higher level] in the company
    3) If the 2 doesn't work, Consumer Failure Community to be made, Create Online Vote, Banner Ads to publish about your protest which can bring some community support.
    4) Address TRAI [Telephone Regulation Authority Of India] - Move legally.

I hope this will helps.

Regards,
    Enigma

24th of Aug, 2010

HI Iam AnneLis, TATA POST PAID BROAD BAND service is very

bad. Always there server is down weekely twice, when ever we call to file a complaint there is no proper answer, I want to know, How to get rid out of this problem??PORUR, CHENNAI-600119

24th of Aug, 2010