[Resolved] TATA Indicom / Poor customer service

1 India Review updated:

I am tata indiacom customer and having tata indicom mobile since last one year i never use to call customer care because, the line of tata customer service is always getting busy cannot contact to any customer executive.

I got sms from tata welcome ring tone of 'Don Special' on date 15.09.2006, I was interested to apply for 'Don Special', and as per the instruction the said to me select I already select. After some time i got sms for activation of caller tune but it was not from Don Special which was another old song and deducted charges. Then I send them sms to change my caller tune but they send me sms the said tune is not match for my cell phone and again they deducted charges and deduct sms charges. I got very angry and tried to call Tata customer service but since 2 hrs tried i got line but customer executive were busy for half an hrs and now i am trying to speak with them, i am getting voice that the customer line are busy. I wanted to shout at them but cannot speak.

Like that way i already fed up with this bloody tata service but cannot change because i already give my cell no. to all my clients.

Same problem with my Home Tata land line. They not send me bill since 4 months and cut my land line.

• Resolution statement

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 11, 2011

Dear Mr. Saurabh,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to kindly provide us your Tata Indicom connection details, your e-mail Id or your alternate contact number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

Thanks and Regards,
    Customer Care,
    Tata Indicom.

Comments

• Fr
      28th of Aug, 2006
    Tata Indicom - This company is just pure mystification

I am writing to you to report the “nightmare” I went through with TATA INDICOM company.

I have registered, filled up the forms, made the payment early May 2006 to tata indicom community center new friends colony.

My cheque was immediately encashed while the job: wire connection + modem was supposed to be done within 5 to 12 working days maximum (customer quality service..).

Nothing never ever happened, I came back to their office more than twenty times (maybe 30!), call them 100 of times including the so called “manager” of the place.

Finally since nothing occurred, though they gave their word and always committed to have the job done within the next day.. Some of their exuces were so ridiculous that I shared them as jokes with collegues and friends.

I finally gave up since I did even not get a call from anybody of this company to let me know about the status. Therefore I have asked to get reimbursed but while the initial payment was encashed within few days only, I am still waiting for it. Thjsis should take at least 15 days maximum according to their policy… like for the other commitment they took.

On the personal side, I am a foreigner living in India since more than two years, and I can witness here that this is the worst experience I have ever been through for customer service/quality. It is a real shame to treat customers in such a way, in my professional area behaving like this would simply lead to lay off people or closing down the company..

This company is just pure mystification they claim to be among the best company of the world for internet service/bandwidth but when it comes to customer it is a complete different story and as a result of my experience I would definitely discourage anyone to go with them unless people want to go through nervous breakdown…

My Application number is : 1483602.

Hope you’ll make a bigger echo to this one and that it might prevent people from doing the same mistake I did while trusting TATA INDICOM!.

Rgds,

- Franck

6th of Oct, 2006

I m not agree with u

• Ad
      21st of Nov, 2006

Dear, https://www.complaintsboard.com

I have to make a Complaint against
    TATA Indicom Mobile
    Rest of Maharashtra
    Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd., Al Aqmar Building, Behind Kala Niketan, Opp Sancheti Hospital, Ganesh Khind Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune 411005

My complaint starts as follows.

I had taken a Tata Indicom Prepaid Mobile Connection (9226386163) on 22/Aug./2005. But the customer care of that company is very poor and very recently i did used that even the tollfree number 9225012524 customer care is charging as full outgoing to any local number.

1. I wanted to change my plan from monthly recharge plan to Go Max (with a 999 days validity and cheaper calls) and consulted there local dealer about the scheme and got a Tariff change card for Rs.1500- on 12/Aug/2006 after sending an email to there customer care and nodal office (NodalOfficer.ROM@tatatel.co.in which bounced) and as usual there customer care did not respond nor there so called tollfree number 9225012524 responded, I some how returned the card for Rs. 1200/- as it did not work on my connection after many tries to 9225012524 i came to know that old customers can not get this plan, as per TRAI Rules any person can change his plan at any point of time by paying the concerned plan fees. But i was denied this facility.

2. I got several calls on several days from there computerized call center (one way calls to customers from one way numbers) that i can recharge from Rs 30 SMS card and get 1000 national SMSs, when this time i tried to confirm before buying the card, I was told that the SMS are for local tata phones only.

• Ru
      14th of Dec, 2006

Name Indicom itself is a complaint...

• Ur
      2nd of Jan, 2007

Hi there ,

I am using Tata Indicom fixed landline service since 2 years. Its a prepaid service.
    When we took this service we were not happy with the service provided for the prepaid section and requested them to convert this to post paid but when we called to the customer service there was no such scheme available with them.

So we didn't have any choice to use the prepaid service. I used to refill the account always on time. But this time as i was out of station i couldn't refill my account on time and was delayed by 15 days. When i came back i got to know that the service is disconnected and I would be needed to submit some documents to their office which is so far from my residence.

I called up customer service and asked if i send the required documents by post/courier she refused saying that no i would have to go personally and do the needful. Then later on I told her my inability to come then she said you can send some other person. I don't understand why do this people give harassment to their customers like this. What can a person do if he goes to them personally. In this increased service providing arena why is tata lacking behind and still needed people to visit their office which even they don't have it to everywhere just like Reliance have.

Also why the hell this people disconnected the service. That proves that having a tata service at your home is not fruitful but a source of harassment.

Compare it with other service provider they provide services better than what tata is not able to provide.
    We took tata service cos it has the better name in the market but it seems they are loosing out with the customer and they don't want to retain their customer.

Can anyone from tata do the needful and understand their customer is going through a pain by the poor service provided by them..

I hope something good happen after reading this...

• Si
      22nd of Feb, 2007

I bought a Tata Indicom Hero handset in Jan 07 from Gwalior Tata Indicom center they told me that I will be given 2 years of validity but it was actually of 22months , when I asked where are my rest of the 2 months they just ignored me. At that time I felt ok lets just deal with 22 months but later when I installed a topup of Rs 100 my topup vanished in just 1 call & believe me that call was too short to gulp the whole balance. Again when I reached the customer support center they tried to ignore me but when I forced them to give me a reason they searched my name on their system & I was shocked to see a name of someone else in place of me who I don't even know. I told them that I have bought this handset from this office only & somehow got my name corrected but still there is a spelling mistake.

Then I bought a Rs 100 topup again and this time everything went right but when after that topup was finished I got a Rs367 topup and again my topup vanished in just one call I was so pissed I waned to throw the cell from the window.

When I went to the customer support I was shocked to see soo many people for complaints and there was a fat women who was so rude with the customers I just can't explain. She didn't listened to anyone just kept shouting on everyone who came for complaints. She didn't listened to my plea either. I would like to report the whole incident to the headoffice.

Everyone in the Tata Indicom office are just too rude they think that they can win the customers by forcefully crushing their compaints and requests. In todays era customer is called the King and they will soon realize the guilt in keeping the customers unhappy.

• Pa
      7th of Mar, 2007

I have been using Tata Indicom phone for past 2 years. The customer care officers knowledge and handling customers is really pathetic. Lately I have encountered in coming problem on my phone. For past 3 months I have been pursuing the issue with Customer Care and Tata Indicom but issue still persist.

I AM GOING TO DISCONTINUE THE PHONE AND RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE BUY TATA INDICOM.

• Mj
      9th of Mar, 2007

I took tata indicom mobile oct/2006 that day only I gave my all r documents but thy connect only one week after a week they disconnect.

For that purpose I went to tata indicom office (near L.B.Stadium) but nobody response.

That time I got angry like tata indicom C.E.O’S AND ALL MANAGERS LEVEL PERSONS I want to kept in jail like that angry I got that time.

And I submit documents as follow:

1) driving license
    2) voter id
    3) company id card
    4) Rotation card…..
    But I didn’t get the connection
    The all above documents I submitted nearly 10 times
    After 1 month I got connection

They introduce tata indicom the purpose is only for cheat the customers.

Any time we call for costumer care there is no response at all
    Tata indicom is worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst!

Through out the world number cheaters are:
    First: tata indicom
    Second: icici bank

• Am
      25th of Mar, 2007
    Tata Teleservices / Tata Indicom - Customer service and trust violation

Tata Indicom offered its customer a add-on pack called Free Incoming While Roaming, and within which all the roaming incoming charges were waived off for an additional fees.

After around 1 year of pack offering they suddenly stopped offering the limited pack and made it a limited minutes free, for new customers, per TRAI's directive.

But to surprise they now started sending letters to existing Indicom mobile users, stating the offer to be of limited minutes from the unlimited incoming minutes, and that too a mere number of 750 minutes for the same pack charge of Rs. 150 (not sure if every one was offered the same).

The reason is mentioned as TRAI's directive. The question here is why did they at the very first place offered the pack without confirming the policies and protocol. Secondly, did TRAI asked them to roll-back the pack from existing users or is it the Tata tele-services using this opportunity.

If its TRAI, then they fail on there statement of 'working towards consumers interest', since roll back of a pack offered and subscribed means breached commitment of a service provider to its customer. And if it’s just the TATA tele-services, then it users should get together and raise a voice against this inappropriate step, and that too by an arm of the most reputed organization of the country.

Its time to be together and protest, else many other companies will continue to follow and exploit customers and to use them upto there need.

I have written letters to various consumers forum and I would appreciate every one to raise a voice against this.

• De
      25th of Mar, 2007

My experience with TATA Broadband

Hi there! At last i found a place where i can talk about the frustrations i went through and still going through... Thanks to tataindicom.

I had sify earlier, which was much much better in connectivity and the service, infact the service was really cool, but i thought why not try" tata indicom", since i had some connectivity problem with sify (but atleast it was not regular). Thats was the biggest mistake... taking tataindicom prepaid broadband 256kbps was the biggest mistake i have made... I paid 3099 for the prepaid tataindicom 256kbps unlimited connection.

On the second day after i got the connection that is saturday ( the precious weekend ) the net was down. I checked the ping address and the network connection details it showed "received 0". I checked in the next morning ( sunday), still the received data was 0. So i called up the service engineer's (who was apparently assigned the job of fixing problems in my locality) number given to me by the tataindicom service providers... Thats guy took the phone, promised me that he will be at my place in half an hour but didn't come.

So i called up tatindicom customer service after waiting for 3 hours they told me that my complaint number was 1812476, that they will send the help within 48 hours. So my weekend was gone.

The next whole week the net was down. Since i was busy through out the day in my office i had only time to check the net in the evening i tried calling tata indicom "so called" customer service, but got automated answer saying that every engineer is busy (this happens if u call up after 8.00 clock in the evening, meaning no night time help...)

The next weekend came. I called up again and this time i was given another complaint number 1860302 was assured that i will be sent help and the problem will be solved within 48 hours. I asked them if i can cancel and get my refund. They told me they cannot refund my money... So no money back and no service. I had no option but to wait. Another 4days passed and net was still down. This time when i called up i was given some other so called "reference number for the complaint number" 1877716 ( i know difficult to digest). I got pissed and told them if u don't fix the problem i will go for consumer court. More apologies more assurances but no action. Finally after two weeks of struggle i got a call from a tata engineer saying the problem is fixed.

Network connection is up now but often for no reason the connectivity goes down, i am planning apply for mtnl, if not sify or hathway, but certainly not tata indicom ever again!

• Ra
      26th of Mar, 2007

You can imagine how responsible this group itself is i CC'd my complaint to all top exec of tata group of companies still i did not hear anything from tata indicom...

DR MR RATAN TATA DO U LIVE IN STONE AGE? GO YOU EVER BROWSE INTERNET? HELP YOUR CUSTOMER OUT THERE! BECAUSE YOU DO"NT KNOW U HAVE HIRED SOME JUNK FOR FOR TATAINDICOM TOP JOBS.

CMCS. V. Ramanan, head (corporate communications)
    Email: svr@corp.cmc.net.in

Indian Hotels, Raghunath Kale, director (internal communications)
    Email: raghunath.kale@tajhotels.com

Rallis, Annahita Kapadia, manager (MD’s office)
    Email: annahita@rallis.co.in

Tata Chemicals, Sujit Patil, manager (corporate communications)
    Email: spatil@tatachemicals.com

Tata Coffee, C Jawahar
    Email: cj@tatacoffee.com

Tata Consultancy Services, Pradipta Bagchi, general manager (corporate communications)Email: pradipta.bagchi@tcs.com

Tata Elxsi,
    Email: info@tataelxsi.co.in

Tata International, Shernavaz Colah, corporate communicator
    Email: scolah@tatainternational.com

Tata Motors, Debasis Ray, head (corporate communications)
    Email: debasis.ray@tatamotors.com

Tata Power, Shalini Singh, assistant general manager
    Email: shalinis@tpc.co.in

Tata Steel, Sanjay Choudhry, chief (corporate communications)
    Email: sanjay.choudhry@tatasteel.com

Tata Tea, Rashmi Mehta
    Email: rashmimehta@tatatea.co.in

Tata Teleservices, Suroor Hussain, manager (direct marketing)
    Email: suroor.hussain@tatatel.co.in

Titan, Manoj Chakravarti, general manager (corporate communications)
    Email: manojc@titan.co.in

Trent, Neeti Chopra, head (marketing)
    Email: neeti-chopra@trent-tata.com

Voltas, B. N. Garudachar, general manager (corporate communications)
    Email: bngarudachar@voltas.com

VSNL, G. C. Banik, chief general manager (public relations)
    Email: banik@vsnl.com

3rd of Apr, 2007

I got the wireless/walky disconnected within the month of the usage, reason being plan withdrawn from the first month itself.

Despite after repeated reminders/calls somebody came to my house and I paid/settled all the dues

Till this time everything was fine, Now I have started getting calls from the some legal department, lawyers saying I have not settled the dues. I am mentally very tense... dont know what to do.

Tata Indicom really creating problem for us.

• Vi
      4th of Apr, 2007

Dear friends

You will turn blue in the face with service Tata Indicom!!!

It really means TAT A BYE BYE for you.

I work in a remote place in Kerala, free internet service they say after 10 pm a whole lot of Bull droppings!!! I have tried to log in after 10 pm as I thought it will be free, take a wild guess the gateway is so busy it takes over three minutes for a simple yahoo page to download so then you enter the mail page takes another to to three mins then another 2 to 4 mins to login, what comes next is real fun, try attaching a pic of 2mb to 8 mb after a month of sunday's you will get a message that says that the pics were not uploaded to the server. The best thing to is to do your work in the morning of cpouse it does a bomb.

I was so wild that I went to concerned Customer care centre I am still not sure how much I have paid over two thousand and just the other day i get a bill for over 650, man I am surprised what did they do with my other money. I have finally rock the boat and Tata has now gone form the d0gs to the gutter with their service all for quick money to show profits they give you real crap for service. Any suggestions plz???

A blue in the face customer of Tata Indicom!!!

Their new Slogan

Buy a Tata Indicom service and enjoy our best crappy service experience it once and you will run a mile if absolute frustration!! It is cheep and not the best!!!

• Dh
      4th of Apr, 2007

I'm using TATA Mobile since 4 months but very time I have only One Problem and that is customer care, some time my out going SMS don’t work so I use to call customer care but all Executives are very rude and very ridiculous what I found, they don’t want to listen me and they need to give there pathetic advice, I also work in hospitality industry I know how to deal with customer. They are very very rude and...

I used Reliance mobile also but I didn’t find any any difficulty but tata what do I tell you just give up!!!

• G
      9th of Apr, 2007

Totally unsatisfied with the services. The tariff plan was changed without our consent leading to higher charges. Worst of all, the request for disconnection has not been taken care for 4 months ( I do not stay here & do not expect my elder parents to do the run around).

• Si
      11th of May, 2007

Tata indicom has the worst customer service, has to hold for 20-30 minutes before any stupid person who doesn't even know proper hindi to pick the phone. I dont know why they so much advertise themselves... maybe they have good cash by robbing poor customers to pay to Ajay and Kajol. I hope they are using tata indicom service!

Mr. Tata a few words of advice for you (aftr u get time from flying fighter jets): Even government organizations are performing average these days so why u still want us to live in dark days. Please dont cheat us no more.

• Su
      14th of May, 2007

It is very funny for a company like this to do things like this... You people start sending messages even before my connections has expired and then when I want to renew your company dealers don't have the proper recharge card... They just keep on making false promises that they will bring the recharge card and at the last moment they say that they cant recharge today coz they don't have that recharge card but just an hr before that someone even rang up to inform that they were coming with the card... Anyway it took me around 3 days to get the recharge card and after that what happens... I don't have net connection... Service engineer comes and says that he will come back in an hr and no news... Then when I call him up... Firstly he wont receive the call and then his assistant receives it and tell that the wire is gone and will take 2 more days coz the next day is Sunday... But is unable to tell where it is torn and what happens on Monday... No one shows up and when I call the engineer he says that he doesn't have any idea coz he is on leave...

SO IS THIS THE KIND OF SERVICE YOUR COMPANY PROVIDES???

When I call the customer care they say the same thing but no one bothers to enquirer even after 2 days whether the connection is back...

I am using tataindicom service for the past seven months and not even any week has passed when my connection didn't go off... I would be very grateful if this company people takes the work seriously and have their engineers under control coz firstly they never receive the call and even if they do they just give some lame excuses or just lie to customers...

• Na
      16th of May, 2007

Tata indicom is a Fraud company.

• Ni
      17th of May, 2007

I had taken Broadband connection of tata Indicom in February for 6 months prepaid account. they tool 3000 Rs from me.

Now when i shifted to new accommodation on may 4th I requested for shifting of connection to which they replied they would be needing one week including three days of feasibility check and an additional charge of Rs 500.

But today its been two weeks and they haven't responded with any detail. Daily i follow it up with them and they have same answer " Our technical team is looking into it".

They harass their customers and after taking 6 months advance from me they are not ready for refund also... What should i do?

• Ud
      21st of May, 2007

The worst customer support & technical support