TATA Indicom / Wrong bill, plan change without notice

1 India Review updated:

My mobile bill for the month of April ( For the services consumed in this month) is Rs.6900 which is about 7 times higher than my normal bills. I was shocked to see the bill and on inquiring customer care came to know it is because of the change in the plan. Tata Indicom changed my billing plan of free incoming while roaming to some other Bill Plan that too without any information.

I would like to state that I would have no problems in paying the bill from month of May - till date as per the plan of 750 minutes of incoming free and beyond that calls charged at 50p/min as this is communicated to me. My contention is only for the April bill for which I had no information. On contacting customer care I was told that they informed me through a courier, when i asked them to show the receipt they had no answer to it. Later I was told that they called me up and informed me of the same, I asked them to send me a recording of it. And everytime I call up they give me a new way via which they have informed me and on asking the details, they are able to provide none. Everytime they give us a new date on which they called us up to inform about the plan change ( ranging from March… till June [I wonder whether an April plan change should be informed in June???])

In addition to it I would like to add, customer care ppl were not even willing to take my complaint, they didn't even provide me with any mobile number or personal id of official who can be contacted on this. I had to go to the Tata True value shop to lodge my complaint against the wrong bill. I would request Tata Indicom to please verify their records once again and see for themselves that I was not informed. I am requesting Tata indicom to kindly adjust my bill and not to charge me for the incoming calls on roaming. My outgoing has been barred and that is causing great inconvenience to me. I have no problems with any other component in the bill.

Comments

• Ri
      20th of Aug, 2007

My mobile bill for the month of April ( For the services consumed in this month) is Rs.6900 which is about 7 times higher than my normal bills. I was shocked to see the bill and on inquiring customer care came to know it is because of the change in the plan. Tata Indicom changed my billing plan of free incoming while roaming to some other Bill Plan.

I would like to state that I would have no problems in paying the May(services consumed in this month) month bill as per the plan of 750 minutes of incoming free and beyond that calls charged at 50p/min as this is communicated to me. My contention is only for the April bill for which I had no information. On contacting customer care I was told that they informed me through a courier, when i asked them to show the receipt they had no answer to it. Later I was told that they called me up and informed me of the same, I asked them to send me a recording of it.

• Ag
      26th of Feb, 2008

Quick Summary of my experience with TATA Indicom broadband @ Chennai.

TATA Indicom broadband (VSNL) guys lost track of money they took from me.
    Kept blaming about non-payment and started to de-activate my connection without prior notice.
    Remember I am a customer who had been using TATA Indicom broadband for a year now.
    Activated the connection Feb 15th 2007

If this is how they treat their customer who had been using it for a year, forget those new comers. Will be treated next to piece of ###.

They have damn good technology in place and BUNCH of IDIOTS to maintain their backoffice operations.

Another way they cheat customers is by not giving the downtime credit for usage.
    Its like sarkari office... Working or not you still need to pay the full rent.

Now read my communication to TATA Indicom broadband and their response.
    -agni sharman
    Chennai.

Here is the copy of my communication with TATA Indicom Broadband @

-Sharman (agni)
    Sharman’s Cab Company
    mailbox@agnisharman.com

28th of Mar, 2008

What is the use of submitting a complaint o this site and what happens for the complaint. Did the company services improved with all these complaints.

• Dh
      5th of Apr, 2009

Tata indicom

This is u inform u that I was bought TATA USB internet chips from Tata shop in Billimora- Gujarat india My current plant monthly rental 1000/- Rs.This plant free of 2 months But now i want to change this plant convert into rantelof monthly 325/- Rs.So I will give u this Application. Please do that

My name is Dharmesh Patel
    My Address At & Post -Dungri (R.S.)
    Madhuvan society, near dr. Dinesh vaidya hoshpital
    email dharmesh_4495@yahoo.co.in