Swissport / Various

1 Rotherham, England, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I have previously written to you and received no reply. My previous correspondence of 15/6/2015 is give below and this time I would appreciate your reply.

Dear Sirs,
I visited the island of Kefalonia on a Thomas Cook holiday between 6th and 13th June 2015 and wish to complain about the services at Kefalonia airport.
Whilst I appreciate that airlines and airport management services are attempting to maximize their profits, the level of service given by Swissport at Kefalonia is absolutely appalling.
My wife and I arrived by coach at the airport at 11.25am on 13/6/2015 to take the 2pm Thomas Cook flight back to Manchester airport (UK).
From the point of arrival until approximately 2.10pm, we passed from the (i) boarding ticket queue, to (ii) the hold baggage queue, to (iii) the passport control queue. This is simply not acceptable!
We then passed to the gate to find hundreds of people waiting to board two flights which were some 1.5 hours overdue in arrival. The notification boards made no mention of delays to these flights, or indeed to ours! Also, the tannoy system at the gate area is barely audible, and so no one received any flight information whatsoever.
So then having waited at the gate until approx . 3.10pm, we were passed through the gate and queued outside, baking in the heat, until allowed to board the plane at about 3.30pm.
In summary, the volume of flights in and out of Kefalonia airport has been increased, but the airport facilities are outdated and unable to cope with this increase in flight volume.
A very pleasant one week holiday was totally ruined by Swissport during our returning visit to Kefalonia airport!!!
Yours sincerely,