Swarovski Crystals / Swarovski Crystals are beyond repair!

I am totally disappointed and angry with Swarovski Crystal. Two years ago I saw an advertisement for a crystal hanging ornament (not for a Christmas tree) for a window. It was offered during the Christmas 2004 season. I am not a collector of Swarovski crystals but this particular item captured my attention. I immediately purchased one for $110.00 (Cdn.) Actually my husband purchased it for me.

Being a hanging ornament it was correctly placed on a window. It was light enough to be hung with a suction disc. The ornament was of a snowflake design. Last summer it fell and one of the arms snapped off and released one of the crystals. Well having faith in Swarovski I took it back for repair. First thing I was told was that it could not be prepared because the metal the ornament was made of was could not be soddered as it was not gold/silver but a nickel roden. End of story.

My disappointment comes from the fact that Swarovski designed this as a hanging ornament and never thought to make it from a component strong enough to withstand falls. Have they never heard of testing their products. I was told plainly that they could not help me in any way. So $110 down the drain. I was not even offered a replacement or compensation of any sort.

So beware if any of your Swarovski Crystal becomes damaged they are beyond repair. I will never patron their stores again and have encouraged many friends not to as well.

I hung the broken ornament up because of the sentiment and cost but it has fallen again and one of the crystals snapped out this time, again totally unrepairable.

Va

Comments

• Cr
      27th of Feb, 2009

I am so sorry you had a bad experience with Swarovski. What a shame! My daughter and I started collecting the Swarovski annual snowflake ornaments awhile back and just love them. They are delicate creatures just like everything else. I would never personally trust a suction cup to hold anything up, but that's just me. My daughter and I just purchased a retired ornament on ebay that we knew had a crack in it right around the hole where the bail goes inside the crystal. It was a little worse than we thought when we actually got it and I was not very happy. I did not contact Swarovski as I did not feel they would be able to help since this is a retired piece. On several websites I went to I found that one place came highly recommended for repairs. It just so happened it was in Arizona where I live! The place is called China & Crystal Clinic, www.chinaandcrystalclinic.com. I took the ornament into him and he was able to repair it. It isn't perfect because the crack could not have been in a worse place than right around the hole. It does look much better now, however, and I am overall very pleased. You might want to check around your area to see if anyone locally can repair it. He also told me if I ever had another ornament that was broken if I could find another one that was broken in a different place, he could actually swap out the pieces of the ornament and make them perfect again. Just thought I would pass this information on. Hope it is helpful to you and I hope you can get it repaired somewhere. Good luck!

• Di
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Dear Noel McIntyre, Director of Sales, Swarovski.

On Sep 23'09 (Wed) at 7:15pm I took a earring with one crystal fell off for repair within 2-yr warranty at Eaton Centre store, downtown Toronto. The earring I seldem wore and with all original package, receipt, warranty certificate, & box. There were 3 sales people there. When I went into the store they were chatting and trying on the items at store. I took their name, Rachel, LeiLei and Carol as they were rude.

I showed them my earring that needed repair with receipt. The earring and the box were in Excellent condition. LeiLei asked if I washed it with Acetone, I said "No". (who would wash a gold plated crystal earring with acetone? The instructions said warm water and soap. I never wash them since I seldom wear them) Then she wrote down on the repair slip that "it smells bad". I told her it was a plastic smell from the cushion of the box, the earring does not smell. Then she insisted on she was right. Then another sales, Carol came.

Carol said "you brought it at Duty Free, we do not take items purchased from Duty Free."

Then I said "Swarovski has international warranty."

Then Carol gave me a look with despise and said "We were doing the repair as a courtesy, do you want it repaired or not? You bought it at duty free, you shouldn't get a repair. Take it back."

Then another sales, Rachel, she came and wrote down "chemical smells on box."

When I asked for the store manager, I was told he was not in. Then they gave me a despise look and did not even asked "what we could help you", nor
    "good night". I was treated as someone who disturbed their chatting and not buying anything, and took a "Duty Free" lower cost item to bother them for repair that I am entitled. They did not want to serve me and gave me despise look, very rude, with no service, and very mean.

I was absolutely impressed with the "poor customer service" and treatment I received. Not to mention I will Never buy anything with Swarovski.

Very angry customer,
    M

• Me
      28th of Dec, 2009

As there are more and more chinese people buying swarovski, the shop hire more chinese stuff who can speak mandarin to serve chinese customers, but I found they are really bad, they don't follow the rules and are bad attitude.

I bought a necklace yesterday(27, December, 2009 at 19:10) at Swarovski, Myer in Sydney, when I bought it the people selling it were bad attitude, maybe there are so many people buying it at Christmas sales, and the girl, which seems to be in charge of the shop even said it is not allowed for me to try it, what the hell? I never heard it is not allowed to try!

Then there was a guy served me and I finally tried the necklace and bought it, but when I went back home, I found it was not a necklace, but a bracelet, as the guy mistook the wrong item to me, and when I had a look at it, I saw a cat face in the box and as there were many people, they just asked me to hurry up, so I did not try the one in the box and did not find it was a bracelet.

Today(28, December, 2009 at 15:10) I went to the shop and asked to change it to the necklace, but the first a girl said: no, it is not me gave you this, and the guy is not here today, I can not do anything, and it is not allowed to change, as it is also your fault as you did not find the mistake when you bought it. But how can a customer expect the shop even give the wrong item? As the basic trust I gave the shop, I did not realize they could make such mistake.

Then I asked what can I do to change, she said she did not know and left, just ignored me.

Then I found another girl seems to in charge of the shop and I asked her to change, or tell me how to find the manager, she said it is not allowed to exchange or refund, then I said it is not me change my mind and wanna to change item, but your shop gave me the wrong item, you should make up the mistake, she said the manager was not here, but on holiday, and asked me to come the third time if I wanna to see the manager, and refused to gave the phone number of the manager.

Then I can not do anything, so I went to Swarovski at QVB, and wanna to ask people there if I can talk to other managers in charge of Sydney or Australia, and this time I dare not talk to the people who speak mandarine, as I already learn the lesson: they don't follow the rules. So I talked to a white guy who seems to be in charge of the shop, he was helpful, and told me if I wanna to find the manager in Searovski in Myer I have to wait to tomorrow and go there again, but as I wanna to finish this matter today, he agreed to change the right item for me, so he asked the girl in charge of cash to change it, then the girl said, no, they can not change as I bought it in Myer rather than QVB, but the nice guy asked to change for me, so finally I got the right one(thanks to this guy), but when I went back home, I found the girl in charge of cash(I found her name Mei on the receipt, looks also speak mandarine) did not give me the label with number of the item, I feel it will be a problem if I wanna to repair it in the future as the label is not here. I don't know she did this on purpose or just a mistake.

But anyway, in a word, I hope the Swarovski considerate the quality of their stuff of the selling service and especially the people speak mandarine, as I am a chinese girl used to like this brand and collect it, as well as many other chinese customers, and I found most of the customers in shops in sydney are also chinese customers, if the service is so bad, how can we continue to buy it?

• Sk
      23rd of Jun, 2010

I had a similar experience with a retired Snow Crystal piece (1999 and 2002) that were hung in a window with other ornaments. The window received minimal early morning sunshine as our 10 foot porch limted sunshine to that of sunrise. We noticed pieces of the snow flakes began to simply fall off until all that remained was the large core center piece. I contacted Swarovski and they told me there is nothing they can do. One of their many reasons surprised me in that they said they cannot reglue the pieces together and ship the piece without damage recurring. I wonder how they can ship pieces to stores who sell their pieces if that is true. They recommended I seek repair through collectorsitems.com (which upon calling provided zero customer support - everything has to be done through the internet).

Simply put I will no longer purchase Swarovski pieces and sell my remaining pieces that are still of value.

27th of Sep, 2010

My wife bought a watch from swarovski and it discolored. They will not repaoir the crystal even though we area willing to pay for it. 450.00 dollars down the drain . They are very expensive for costume jewelry. You can buy better at saks and they stand by their merchandise. we will never buy from them again. We are spraeding the word.

27th of Sep, 2010

agreed

• Lo
      17th of Nov, 2010

I purchased a dophin figurine in about 1990 - it was expensive - I took comfort in the fact that swarovski guarantee their pieces. If I had been told that they only guarantee their pieces for a LIMITED 2 year period I would not have purchased the piece. When dusting I carefully lifted the piece by the base and the whole figure came apart - the glue had disintegrated, as a result the fin of one dolphin broke and the body of the other got a 1mm chip. I took the figurine back to swarovski who have returned it saying that they can't repair as the main body has a chip - this could easily be filed down but they won't bother. The fin replacement would not be a problem but they say that the tiny chip could cause the figure to break as they heat it. This would not happen if they filed it down. If I had dropped the peice or damaged it through my own negligence then I would not be annoyed - but this was a problem with THEIR manufacture and their glue . THEY REFUSE TO HELP and customers should be made aware that no matter how expensive the piece they will not assist in such circumstances.
    I am furious and feel very let down by a company whose products I have purchased over a period of 30 years!

27th of Feb, 2011

I have spoken to two different swarovski sales advisers at two different locations about an earring that has a faulty clasp. they simply do not believe me that the clasp is faulty.
    The assistant at Merry Hill said the clasp was loose so that it could fit all sizes of ear lobes !! (tosh!)
    And the assistant at Birmingham said that it would not have been sold to me faulty and I must have tampered with it .
    Why on earth would I tamper with some expensive ear rings?
    I find the staff to be rude and unhelpful generally . The manager at Merry Hill just glares at people in teh store, and makes me feel uncomfortable, just being ther.

18th of May, 2011

I too have had bad luck with their company. My son bought me a crystal braclet and the crystals discolored and turned black. It was still under warranty but I could not find the receipt. They said for me to send it in with $20 to repair it but when I did they sent it back telling me they no longer carry the item and could not fix it! My daughter bought me a pair of earrings with the crystals embedded in them and they too discolored...same story. They will not replace or repair anything. So much money down the drain!!!

• Pe
      31st of May, 2011

I am in total agreement with the above. Swarovski promises return and repair. The sales reps are all sweetness and light when you first go in and then refuse to help at all if you have a problem. In my case it was exchange the same ring to a different size and they refused saying they could not resell it without the outside cardboard wrapping that covered the ring box. The refund policy is not prominently displayed. The sales receipt does however you do not see the policy on the receipt until AFTER you have already paid. Finally I did get satisfaction as I have a very loud voice which alerts other customer to stay away. I was especially angry because I had called early morning on the same day and the sales rep had made arrangements with me for the exchange. She was not there when I arrived so it was my word against hers and an argument ensued. Not a way to do business. I will not buy there again and would recommend that nobody else should either.

• Bn
      2nd of Feb, 2012

bad customer service too in uk debenham portsmouth store.

• Br
      3rd of Feb, 2012

I don't think that the staff is intentionally rude, i think that they are given rules to follow by their company and their hands are tied when it comes to certain scenarios. Unfortunately, the staff is the face of the company and you are going to get angry at them and feel that they aren't willing to help when in fact it is someone sitting behind a desk who wrote up guidelines for them to follow. If you wanted something to be done about this and the store is unable to help you, there is a customer service line where someone there may be better able to assist you. They will be able to bend here and there because they sometimes have higher authority in these situations. the customer service line is 1 800 426-3088.
    Good luck, and happy shopping!

• Qi
      29th of Feb, 2012

Bad customer service every where. I'm in Singapore. Some crystals in my pandant discolored and some dropped off. When i sent it for repair, i was accused of mis-using the pandant. The person told me that it only discolour because i use chemical (perfume/body wash/water) on it which i did not. Come on, who would wear it to bathe. And i don't use perfume. And the stuff insisted that it was my fault that the crystal dropped off or discolor due to less care. WTH! Even if there's company policy on that, that's absolutely bad service.

• La
      28th of Mar, 2012

Hi there, my brother baught me a Swarovski Piazza watch while on holiday in London last year June/July. i've noticed that the one chrystal has fallen out... so how do i go about this as it was purchased overseas..??

• Di
      30th of Mar, 2012

A now deceased friend gave me several Swarovski snowflake ornaments. I hung them in a window. They were so pretty I left them up all year. By the end of the year some of the pieces started falling off so I took them down, but too late, the damage was widespread and several fell apart in my hand. I have not contacted Swarovski too see if they are fixable, but from this post, it sounds like they have no support for they're product.

• Se
      5th of Nov, 2012

i did to buy a swarovsky necklace for my girlfriend for her b-day, when i did buy the necklace they told me that the waranty was for 2 year and the necklace broke after 4 months, my girlfriend have cept it in its originaly box and worn it ocasionally in the 4 months.when we return it to the swarovsky retail center here in aruba in its originally box and receipt, they told us that the waranty only covers the crystals stones on the necklace and not the necklace its self, well i swear for my mother that is dead that they never told me that when i did buy the nacklace at first time, now they cant do nothing for us to replace it, repair it or exchange it, after this i would never in my life buy any swarovsky again, i never heard about any waranty products that covers only part of the product, means you buy a brand new car at dealer and they say to you that the waranty of the car only covers the engine or the body part and not the engine, this is so dam rediculous, you can see clearly that the necklace has broken appart due to craftmanship, and did not broken due to ourself or malusage or tear & wear, i have read the swarovsky online waranty for jewelry and they never mention any part saying that the waranty only covers only the crystal stones on the jewelry, im very angry about this and hope to find people with the similar problems to help me understand this rediculous waranty of swarovsky better, pls reply and thanks a lot.sergio & dayanira from aruba.

• Zi
      3rd of Jan, 2013
    Myer Centre - Be careful!
    Myer Centre

Myer Centre posted on craigslist for a part time job in sales and marketing Personal assistant. Complete scam artists. They then got into my accounts and opened new accounts causing fraud. They will act like a wonderful company but it is not. Be careful!

• Pu
      25th of May, 2014

I started collecting Swarovski in 2007 and managed to have about 100 pieces when I stopped collecting in 2009. It seems that all of the pieces are doomed to fall apart without being moved. They just silently release parts. I thought Swarovski was a collectable but now I see that they are disposable pieces with a high price tag. I quit collecting. No one seems to want them on Ebay since the resale prices are so low. Very disappointed that I got into this.

• Ju
      5th of Jun, 2014

I swore I'd never buy swarovski again after extremely rude service when my ring lost stones after one wear. But a friend has given me a lipstick holder at my birthday party and by the end of the party, it was missing a stone. I'm too embarrassed to ask her for the receipt, and what is the point of having it repaired anyway as it will lose more stones no doubt. What a waste of money!

• Ep
      10th of Jun, 2014

I agree, the quality of Swarovski products are bad and cheaply made. My boyfriend bought me a swarovski necklace with many tiny stones on it a year ago. Within 5 months, more than 2/3 of the crystals fell off. So I went into a store and the sales person was able to replace it with a new one. Now, another 4 months later, 1/3 of the crystals fell off. Don't even want to bother going into the store for another exchange again, knowing the stones will likely to fall off in a couple of months. I wasted $160 on the necklace, could've shopped at Macy's or any other stores for a better-quality and less expensive jewlery. Never buying anything Swarovski again.