Sunset Group Marketing / Terrible company

1 Mexico Review updated:

They have taken money without providing. All i saved for to take my disabled son on a life long trip is washed away in their so called beaches.

Va

Comments

• Pr
      5th of Aug, 2008

Mr Evans, I have looked you up on our system, and see that you have purchased your Cancun package on July of 07, you also called this March to make your reservation and have confirmed your travel dates for this coming September. Everything is confirmed on the system and i do not see any notes of any problems with your reservation. Please contact us as soon as possible at dzambrano@sunsetworld.net so that we can help you with any further requests, or if you will not be able to make your reservation.

• 0 Votes

MARKETING 4 SUNSET GROUP
    they are scam artists. They call in violation of do not call lists. They refuse to identify their company properly when asked and just hang up. This is in violation of privacy laws. NEVER buy from Marketing 4 Sunset Group.
    name withheld to avoid persecution by them.

17th of Nov, 2008

I got called by these scammers on Novemeber 17, 2008. Marketing for Sunset tried to scam me into going to Cancun and listening to some sales pitch. Stay away!

• Re
      2nd of Dec, 2008

If you are on the do-not-call-list they will only call if the person who referred you gives them permission to do so.
    They do sell great vacations the catch is the 90 mins you have to listen to their talk about time share, other than that i dont think is so bad they can be very anoying but just make it clear that you're not interested and no one will call again, just remember not to get the sales person angry or your phone will neverr stop ringing

• Ta
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Sorry but their resort is simply breathtaking. They are the reason why i want to go back to Cancun. At the end of the day they are a business and they are in an industry where their product isn't exactly a necessity. However it should be a necessity to all of us as we all need a vacation/break from work. They are very convincing but how can they not be with the beauty of their resort. It's undeniable. You just have to have the means and want to live that lifestyle. It definitely works for many people and some people it doesn't.

• Am
      23rd of Jul, 2009

i have been to their resort too and it's really nice. I didn't buy a timeshare because i can't afford it but it doesn't sound like a bad idea if one has the money.

• Ti
      7th of Apr, 2010

The tmeshare industry in Mexico is taking almost a Billion Dollars every year from Americans and Candians. They are taking away their earnest money based on lies and misrepresentation. I have collected evidence to support the claims of thousands of people deceived from this company. Share this info with your general attorney, the Federal Trade Commsision, the Consulate of Canada and USA in Cancún as well as any government agency that you believe might be interested in putting pressure in the Mexican Government to stop these companies from scamming more honest people.

Please visit this website (specially the video section) to know in detail how these companies operate.

• Ba
      24th of Mar, 2011

The Marketing Sunset Group conned me out of my money for a trip to their resort in Cancun. BEWARE this is a scam. You will speak with two reps who tell you that they are giving a trip for 6 days and 5 nights to you with all the perks. There is never a mention this is not an all exclusive trip they say all the things like excursion will 40% off and they also tell you not to ask questions until they are finished talking. You are then put on hold and another rep comes on to convince that they are a legit company and they instruct you to to call Visa to check if they are ok. Then they put you on hold again and they pass you to the third person to take you Visa info and when it is received they then say their is no refund. My money was taken off my Visa before the call was ended. PLEASE do not buy into there SCAM

• Se
      22nd of Jul, 2011

If you want to go to Cancun for an all inclusive stay, you need to ask them for it. It is for 6 days 5 nights but it is ligit. It only costs $100 more for the entire family to change from non inclusive to all inclusive. I personally asked for it and they have provided. The only down side of the marketing situation is that you have to buy your own flights which can get pricey. I recommend going in the low season, much cheaper.

• Ex
      29th of Sep, 2011

I also had been contacted and was told to listen to the offer and to not interrupt until the explaining was done. This is the 3rd time for the year that I have been contacted to go on a free vacation, and now they got smarter by saying 80% discount, because it’s more believable (nothing is actually free in reality). They have one person tell you about the vacation, and then he/she passes it on to their supervisor who tries to legitimize the nature of the company and product, as well as further con you into taking a vacation. I even told them I went to Cancun in 2005 (which I did), and I said to give it to someone who hasn’t been there; they could not give me an explanation why they couldn’t give it to someone else to enjoy at an 80% cheaper rate. They say word of mouth is how they make money to give people nearly free trips. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!! NOBODY GOES THROUGH THIS MUCH TROUBLE, EFFORT and TIME TO give you something FREE. NO SUCH THING, I AM an accountant by profession and entrepreneur and ex-fraud auditor.

• Re
      4th of Jun, 2013

Fraude, compre en paquete de vacaciones inolvidables que incluye cancun, orlando 4 dias 3 noches y un crucero por las bahamas de 5 dias y 4 noches. En cancun todo muy bien como ellos dicen pero los certificados para el crucero dice que tienes que pagar impuestos, hable para reservar y unicamente sin en las fechas que ellos te dicen, eso todavia lo entiendo, pero el costo que tengo que pagar por el crucero es aun mayor que si lo compro directamente de la pagina del crucero, no entiendo que es incluir el crucero para ellos, CUIDADO!

Fraud, buy unforgettable vacation package which includes Cancun, orlando 4 days 3 nights and cruise the Bahamas for 5 days and 4 nights. In cancun all fine as they say, while the certificates for the cruise says you have to pay taxes, speak without reserve and only on the dates they tell you, that still get it, but the cost I have to pay for the cruise is even greater than if I buy it directly from the website of the cruise, I do not understand whats menas include to them about the cruise, BEWARE SCAM!!!

19th of Jun, 2013

Have you accomplished to get your deposit back? I purchased a Royal Elite timeshare last year and I'm having exactly the same problem, I was trying to get a final resolution working on my own, but I think it's time to file a complaint with PROFECO (The Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency) maybe you should do the same thing. This is a forum with more complaints made on these companies:

• Va
      2nd of Dec, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back

• Li
      21st of May, 2014

Estou extremamente descontente com uma situação que me ocorreu durante meu contato com la Marketing Sunset, no tocante a reserva de apto para os meus pais. Já paguei pela estadia no Ocean Spa. Gostaria que o responsável pela emoressa entrasse em contato comigo através do meu e-mail cadastrado com a Daniela. Minha viagem está próxima e temo nem poder viajar com meus pais, apesar de estar tudo pago.

Obrigada,