Sundance Spas / Poor service

1 Salinas, CA, United States Review updated:

Sundance Spas in Monterey, Salinas, and Hollister, California. Our Sundance spa stopped operating and the motor would just hum instead of running the pump to operate the spa jets. I phoned the store and was redirected to a service operation. I phoned them and described exactly what was wrong with the unit. I took a day off from work to wait for their service technician. When the repair man arrived the following week he had no replacement parts on the truck and said he would have to order a new motor and pump. Fourteen days later I phone to ask when the repair person would be coming back to actually do the repair. I was told they did not know and would not know until the pump arrived. They said it could take as long as 4 months to get the replacement motor and pump in at the store. When I ordered the hot tub I had asked the store manager what was the worst case for waiting for parts if something broke and I was told two weeks. If I order a new hot tub I can get one in 2 weeks so the parts are available at the factory for new customers, they just choose not to stock parts for their existing customers. Next time I would buy a cheaper hot tub as the long warranty just means they hold their customers hostage for a longer amount of time. Bruce

Monterey, California Click this link to e-mail the message author: Email User

Hi,

We noticed that this was on the web, and would like you to remove this. The service man was fired and no longer works for us. We were never contacted concerning this complaint. We feel like this is unfair to our business. We do take care of our customers.

For further info please contact us if you have more questions.

Ph. [protected]

Thanks,

Steve Adair

Va

Comments

Ri
  21st of Feb, 2008

I purchased a spa from monterey spa & stove and have had nothing but great service from them. From sales to service my expierience has been one of total satisfaction. I'm now thinking about buying a fireplace from them too.

Jo
  29th of Apr, 2008

Note to Steve Adair,

You fail to mention whether your company resolved the customer's problem to his satisfaction, but instead simply whine. Nice touch.

Ma
  18th of Jun, 2008

Ive tried on quite a few attempts to email Sundance with just a basic question about chemical suggestions. Thier website says that they'll reply to all emails within 48 hours Ive emailed 4 times over the last 4 weeks! no reply.

May just be minor, but thats bad customer service.

La
  13th of Oct, 2008

I purchased a Sundance Spa and was told that if we ever needed service it would be taken care of right away. Two weeks ago I called and requested service and was told that it would take about a week to have someone come out. I called several additional times last week before I was told that someone would be out this morning. I called the number again at 11:30 a.m. to inquire when the repair person would be coming and was told that they would check and call me back. Well I am still waiting and when I try to call the number back it no one will answer.

With the weather turning colder I am afraid that the spa will freeze and then who is going to be responsible. I would not recommend buying one of these overpriced spas to anyone.

Jo
  2nd of Nov, 2008

I am a Master Spa Technician.

I am NOT connected with this retail company, but am a very highly trained, factory authorized technician for more than 50 brands, including Sundance / Jacuzzi.

I can help you fix it, or get an answer for most any question you may have. Please email me your phone number and I will call you asap.

Regards,

John

Pe
  9th of Mar, 2010

Sundance Spas as a company is very poor in my opinion. We have had our share of problems with our 10 thousand dollar spa, and only one time did Sundance actually stand behind the product to make sure the spa was right as it should be. Every other instance that I have had to have service done to the spa it has cost me out of pocket, and in some cases a substantial amount out of pocket. I would never recommend buying this brand of spa to anyone, as it has proven to be nothing more than an over priced spa, that is very poorly made.

Ds
  19th of May, 2010

I do think the basic components of the sundance hot tub are good quality, however every single add on item is junk. Don't buy the ozonator, stereo/speakers, etc. Way overpriced junk that they don't know how to support. My stereo never worked from day one. The dealer had many visits trying to get it to work before it ran out of warranty, but failed. I've got someone coming again this week, but its out of warranty so I'm sure I'll have to pay.

St
  25th of May, 2011

I too agree with the other customers that it seem that we received a overpriced hot tub with a low budget customer service. I purchased a 780 hamiton 10, 000 plus in july of 2008 and the local dealer ( Olympia stove and spa) Olympia Wa ) has been there to fix several problems repeatly, leaking jets and radio head replacments. on April 24 I called the dealer to tell them we had another leak they placed me on there calender for a look see on May 23, One month later they show up and don't have the parts to fix it, and then blame Sundance because they are so slow to ship parts, They have put me back on there list to fix to June 2. sure after the Memorial Day week end I asked to speak with the owner and was sent to his voice mail, still no reply. The lady I spoke to says they are so busy with the Group-on for cleaning tubs that I have to wait my turn! (nice touch/ customer service) 180..00 dollars to clean you tub V.S. the guy that spends 12, 900 dollars for a stove and tub. Keep up the great work (Olympia stove and hottub company)

Steve Long Beach WA

Ig
  31st of Aug, 2013

poor service no repair on warranty!!!

Ig
  31st of Aug, 2013

Warranty Registration 100456735 look like new?????