Suddenlink Cable / tiling/sound cutting out

1 Carthage, MO, United States Review updated:

We have had issues with tiling (this was the word used by their own technician) where the shows will freeze and look all digitalized for a few seconds and then will go back to normal. This will sometimes happen up to 5 or 6 times during a half hour show. We also experience the sound cutting out intermittently during a show. This can sometimes happen every other sentence. With these two problems happening, you can only imagine that watching any Tv shoe becomes virtually impossible. These problems came into existence after they switched our area over to digital cable. We have had 5 or 6 technicians out and even had our box changed out with no fix to the problems. We've spoken with customer service many many times and their only solution is to either 'reset' our box (which does not help at all) or send out another technician. This problem occurs on ALL of our Tv's so we know it is not just a 'cable box ' issue. I have spoken with other customers in our town who also have this same problem. It seems to be a locally widespread issue that Suddenlink seems to be unable to fix. It is to the point where we are either considering switching to satellite or hiring an attorney to seek a class action lawsuit for unfavorable service. We have never received ANY OF THE PROMISED CREDITS on any of our bills. We have several shows saved on our DVR to prove the point of the problems we have constantly.

El

Comments

• Vr
      5th of Jan, 2011
    suddenlink cable - overcharge
    suddenlink
    Greenville
    North Carolina

i know you all have heard suddenlink song it starts out suddenlink you are connected i think they should change it to suddenlink we are connected to your wallet and pocket book

• Su
      11th of Apr, 2012

Hello Eladen -- my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your cable service. I would be happy to work with senior management in your area to investigate. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.

• Fr
      5th of May, 2012

We are paying a LOT of money to Suddenlink, and I cannot watch a single show without this tiling problem. I have called their service department and they have sent out two different persons. The first "thought" he knew the problem, but said he didn't have time to fix it. The second said the first one made bad connections and that we had good signal, but didn't fix the tiling.

I would just like to go back to our old, cheaper system but it's been sold to this awful company, which does not seem to care if we have the service we pay so much for.

I guess I'll call again, pay yet another service charge, or switch to satellite.

• Su
      30th of Dec, 2012

Same problems here in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. I suspect it is a bandwidth issue on their network. No resolution yet. (they have also reset my box to no avail).

• El
      31st of Dec, 2012

We just went ahead and switched to Directv. Best decision we ever made. When the Direct guy came to install the cables to use with their system he said the reason he suspected we were having the tiling issues was because our entire cable system was very old and outdated. He said it probably could have been fixed had an installer just taken the time to rewire it. After 6 techs coming to our house and witnessing the problem you would have thought that at least one of them would have just did it. It took him about an hour to run us all new cables, but we have the best service ever now. I recommend NOT using Suddenlink to everyone in our small town. If they were going to go digital then they knew they would face this problem with in house wiring yet seem unwilling to correct it.

• Wa
      26th of Jan, 2013

Same issue in Belpre Ohio, at two houses one street over from one another. Called Suddenlink and got hung up on. Called back and got a recorded message that they were unable to take my call at this time, please call back later. Lousy service and support.

• Sd
      4th of Feb, 2013

Hi walkerse1- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service and would be happy to help resolve. Please feel free to email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

18th of Jan, 2016

same problem in Arizona. Lots of service calls, lots of techs, al yada yada yada. Bottom line--no fix, no answers- just bad service.

• Ke
      18th of Feb, 2016

I've been having the same problem in Parkersburg, WV. They told me that it had to be the wiring in my house (funny how they tell everyone it's something different) and if I pay for it they will come out and look at it. For the exorbitant amount that I pay them every month, you would think that would be included. I also have trouble with weak signals on my internet. I don't want to go to a dish, but I'm sick of the high prices & awful service I get from Suddenlink.

• To
      4th of Aug, 2017

Customer service lacks the word customer first and foremost. Numerous times on the phone with no results. Supervisors never call back. Technicians come and fix nothing. Made us have a tv repaired saying it was our tv when it was not. HD channels go out every 2 weeks only know because my shows don't record. They even have the nerve to charge us service fees and it's worse when they first came. They own the monopoly in my area for cable and won't allow other cable companies to be here. Satellite may be my only option. I lived in NY my whole life and Time Warner was by far more superior and took care of their customers. This fiasco we are dealing with is causing my husband high blood pressure. We waited 4 hours last week for a technician who never showed up. I had to pay more to have unlimited data. NYS never did that.

• Pc
      18th of Oct, 2017

Same problem here in Sissonville, WV on Legg Fork Rd up Young Hollow Rd. I had a tech at my house last week I told him they usually come and switch out the splitter under the house but it never solves anything. He told me to hang in there that next week, which is this week now, That they would be running all new lines up young hollow rd. that everything we have is very old and to bear with them that things should get a lot better after that. Well here we are in the middle of next week and I still haven't seen anyone in my area! So I called tech support and they said they were not seeing anything about maintenance running ANY new lines in my area! So was that just an excuse? Was I lied to? You would think they would upgrade the service on 40 year old cable!

• Us
      19th of Nov, 2017

Exactly what I'm getting in Ozark Missouri now. It has been fine for a year but we just started to get this problem. I suspected it was a bandwidth issue on their network. Their techs had me bracing for issues during the winter with their cables and freezing weather but our temps haven't dipped to freezing yet. It makes watching TV pretty useless. I have a monthly Suddenlink bill > $200 so maybe I'll go back to DTV.

• St
      1st of Mar, 2018

lLve in the Willis/ Montgomery area of Texas. The house is only 2 1/2years old so the wiring is not an issue. We have one tv so there is no an issue with multiple outlets. The wires enter he house, split to the tv and the modem for the computer. The tiling and freezing issue has been on going for about a year now. We have switched out the box several times and after calling today, looks like I will be switching out the box again tomorrow. I keep calling and they reset the box or have me reset it. The problem gets worse in the evening. Can't even watch a show due to this issue. I think it is also a band width issue. They have no idea what is going on and each tech they send out says something different. Really don't want to go to Dish or other satellite because they go up on the rate every few months it seems like . We have other family members with Dish and their service is not much better . Just wish Suddenlink would correct the issue and provide the service we pay for!!! I'm tired of calling them!!! Vet.fdpd@yahoo.com

• Aj
      21st of May, 2018

I have a brand new house and having this issue as well. Such horrific service. I was not getting near the download speed so I call and they send a tech out who told me it is at their box. Would be fixed that day. Next day, no better so I call. They tell me they did show it was corrected. Told him then your service is just terrible and not getting what I am paying for. He sends tech out who tells me the issue is not yet resolved and should be by the following day. They bill me $60 for a service call. I ask them how they can charge me when they did not provide the service and it was nothing in my house. Charge stands. I have argued this with several [censored] who are dedicated to cheating customers. WHY would I have to pay for a service call when I am not getting what I paid for? They do not care. I have called and called and may have finally talked to someone with an ounce of common sense and we will see if that comes off the bill.

Now, the issue with the tv freezing and constantly going out is even worse. I don't want to call them because they will punish me for expecting service that actually works and gets me what I am paying for. It is not my house wiring and it is not my brand new televisions. They would say it is me. Either way, they will charge me. I am going to look into the horrific service if DirectTV. Their service is bad, but not nearly as bad as Suddenlink.

I have never had worse customer service experience. They don't care and they add charges that are what I consider illegal.

• Cy
      15th of Aug, 2018

@ajay214 Same exact issues with constant tiling and, more recently, total loss of half of our channels for a week now! We have experienced the same repeated calls to customer service resulting in useless resetting of boxes and multiple technician visits. Still can’t watch a single show without continued interruption - all for $200 per month. What crooks!! Time to call DirecTV. Ghent, WV

• Me
      18th of Jun, 2018

We have the same problem here too. It seems to me that Suddenlink is the problem and they need to fix it. Liberty Hill Texas!

• Si
      26th of Jun, 2018

Same here in Amarillo, Tx

• J1
      12th of Sep, 2018

I have the same problem of frequent poor reception (tiling and sound cutout). Seems to happen most often on evenings and weekends. Terrible service by Suddenlink.

• Da
      22nd of Oct, 2018

The tiling was a problem when we first got Suddenlink. Then it was not a problem for a while. Now it is worse then ever. It got really bad after they changed our lineup. Also I am unable to get On Demand and the upper Viacom channels due to where I live. Because I am stuck with the crappy Lake Palestine East lineup.

• Da