Suddenlink

Posted:

talk to the home office

4.5
Suddenlink/Cequel
Suddenlink is part of Cequel. Contact their home office at [protected]. I call EVERY time there is an outage or service interruption, which is an average of 2 to 3 times per week. Log your outages and then put your complaint in writing to the FCC. You can complete the online complaint form or print the form and fax or mail it in. And make sure to contact your city council rep as well. Suddenlink probably has a license/franchise agreement with your city that will eventually have to come up for a review to be renewed. Cequel boasts about being the '10th largest cable network in the US' but it is a patchwork quilt of isolated systems in small towns where there seems to be minimal maintenance and less likely chance of massive customer revolt. You are paying for cable service and internet service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Are you getting your money's worth??
Complaint comments Comments (38)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV

Comments

N  5th of Feb, 2010 by    +2 Votes
My internet services were hooked up late in the afternoon 1-29-10, I was required to pay for installation, the Modem, and the first months bill. Which I did. six days later 2-4-10 I recieved a bill for INSTALLATION, the MODEM, and a partial month BILLING. I hate getting ripped off immediately after I get service...WHAT in the craps going on???
N  15th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I live in the boonies. Before getting service with SuddenLink, I asked the person on the phone to please check and make sure it was possible to get service where I live. I was assured repeatedly I could. Friday, March 5, the installer arrived and after walking around and scratching his head, he told me there was no way he could connect me to Suddenlink. I immediately called the office and asked that my first month payment and installation fee be refunded to my bank account.
I was told it would take TWO business days. So that would have made it the following Monday or Tuesday.
I called again on March 25th and was told an order for the refund was never turned in. He wrote up and order and said he would ask for a rush to be put on it and that it should be in my account the following day, or Monday by the latest. Monday, March 15th, I insisted on speaking to a superviser as the tech I was talking to told me it would be SEVENTY TWO HOURS, FROM TODAY.
The superviser said the same thing. I just want to know why It takes from March 5th to God only knows when they will get off their ### and refund my money to my account. I also want to know why it went from TWO working days to THREE days.
N  16th of Mar, 2010 by    -1 Votes
bennrippedoffbyidiots-

Have you receieved your refund? I am not sure where the internal disconnect occured by your post, but would like to look into it. If you need additional assistance, or would like to share more info on your situation- please feel free to reach out to me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
N  16th of Mar, 2010 by    -1 Votes
bob2nc -

If you paid the technician at the time of your install, it is possible that your payment did not post to your account before your first bill was generated by our system. Your next bill should have reflected your original payment and an accurate amount due. If you have any further issues with this, please feel free to reach out to me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
N  30th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I have been a high speed internet custormer with Sudden Link and its previous provider Cox for over ten years. Lately, every month they have been adding on $7.00 late fee. Last month, I cleared any monies that I owed them to a zero balance. And mailed in my check which they said I was two days late and of course, tacked on the late fee again. I pay the bill within five days of receiving it.
Customer service refuses to refund the late fee and has been very adament in doing so. They even suggested I cancel the service.
Fred Worth
N  3rd of May, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Fred Worth -- I am sorry to hear about the recent experience you have had regarding late fees on your account. I would be more than happy to look into this issue and help resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly via email at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
N  29th of Dec, 2016 by    +1 Votes
@Suddenlink Help Tina it seems like you try to assist in resolution to suddenlink issues. I was told that I could get a package of High speed internet, free phone service, HD Cable TV for 79.95 per month, that also included free install & free activation. Service wasn't available. then sales person shows up & says after coming out to our home. That what was promised & he said he would take care of. I know have to deal with all of the BS myself. He texted me saying that all I would have to do is call the service number. I did & I'm getting the run around. Between the billing department and the sales department. Please let me know when they are going honor the original agreement. I appreciate the clearing up my account. But now that I have the service and my first bill of $195.00 is crazy.
Jacqueline Schroeder or
Allen Batchelor
A  13th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
My wife and I have had Suddenlink Internet through our apartment complex's existing free cable TV services for about 2 years now. And recently we went over to my mother-in-law's who have just Internet and telephone services with Suddenlink, and we found a notice they received in the mail stating that beginning sometime between May and August (no specific date), they will be imposing a limitation on bandwidth with allowances of 150GB for less than 10 Mbps, 250 GB for 10 to 20 Mbps, and 350GB for customers who have greater than 20 Mbps speed packages with them. They say they estimate these allowances will be more than sufficient for 99 out of every 100 customers, but what they are NOT taking into effect is how many people have more than 2 or 3 computers in their home, as well as gaming systems that connect to the Internet. Not to mention the fact that my wife and I have a small business in fixing people's computers, cleaning viruses, reformatting and restoring software, and Windows Update alone can have anywhere from 1 to 100 gigs of updates after a fresh reformat and restore of the system. And what about digital downloads? iTunes, Netflix, Playstation Store game downloads? The largest game I've ever purchased and downloaded on the Playstation store for the PS3 was 15GB. No I don't download it every month, but you can see here that placing limitations on bandwidth for SOME customers is utterally ridiculas! Yes my wife and I have a small business, "SMALL BUSINESS". We can't afford $1, 000 per month for a Suddenlink business account. And who knows what kind of limitations they place on THAT even if we COULD afford it. SUDDENLINK SUCKS! You're better off going elsewhere. My wife and I will soon be switchng to DSL. And if tney end up placing the same or similar restrictions on us, I'll disconnect Internet all together and tell them where they can shove it! This is BS! Those customers who are actually NOT doing anything illegal with their Internet services should not have these kinds of limitations on them! SCREW YOU SUDDENLINK!
A  24th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I've been trying to get Suddenlink service in Branson for a year and a half. I've been promised service, with an installation time given, three times. All three times they failed to show without any notification being made to me that they had decided not to make the installation. I've done everything I know to do to get service, but they promise yes, and they do no. I've come to the conclusion that Suddenlink is perhaps the worst cable provider in the nation, and that Branson, Missouri has the worst run Suddenlink office in the nation. And as for tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com, to whoever you are that plays that part making your insincere little "I'd be happy to help you, and I just don't know what happened" comments to all of Suddenlinks justly unhappy customers posting everywhere on the internet and at YouTube: You want to make us into happy campers and Suddenlink believers? Then FIX THE PROBLEMS AND PROVIDE SERVICE AT MY ADDRESS!
N  30th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just fell for the new deal on suddenlink. I had been having trouble with the internet after bundling in my phone. My signal at the pole was not strong enough. this has taken about two months to resolve. Meanwhile I was offered a new, lower priced deal for expanded service, with on demand and a guide. well, I saved a little money and got a lot of headaches. None of my remotes work anymore. I have a Logitech Harmony that operates all of my stuff with only one remote. Now none of that works and Logitech tells me it is not possible to make it work. My bathroom remote does not work any more, my bedroom remote in one bedroom does not work any more. I do have a guide, but cannot acces most of the channels. Movies on demand are 4.99. I have Netflix and pay about 10.00 a month for unlimited movies. why the hell would I pay 5 bucks for only one?? I can't find AMC anymore, my wifes favorite channell. What the hell is going on with these people
?? I want my remotes back, I want my old channells back!!!
N  10th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Hi John - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding your service. I would be happy to work with management in your area to assist you. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
N  6th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes
whats up with channel 42-47-26? When it goes to a suddenlink commercial after its done it freezes there and you can hear your show in the back ground without picture. If you rock the channel you can get it back. Also pictures shake and color boxes appear. This has been going on for months and I`m getting pretty sick of it. We pay good money for GOOD service. Can someone tell me if they changed the meaning of VIP because that what they tell me I am when I call but nothing seems to get done.
N  12th of Nov, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service and would be happy to assist in getting this resolved for you. Please email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
N  18th of Jan, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I would like to add something to complaints about Suddenlink...I have only had service with them about a week, and all the sudden, my wifi isnt working, I have to keep the computer plugged into the router, otherwise I dont have internet connection. I called yesterday and had an scheduled appointment for today, from 4pm-6pm it is now 6:45 pm, no call from the tech, no show either...so I called Suddenlinks office, of course they couldnt help me, I was told that now my tech will arrrive by 7:45...They could have been considerate enough to call me if they were not going to be here on time, INCONSIDERATE!
N  21st of Jan, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Hi Still waiting on tech - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear about this recent experience with us. If you are still experiencing issues with your service, I'd be happy to help. Please feel free to contact me directly via email at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.
A  4th of Aug, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Technicians with no Integrity, he reported that he installed 5 phone jacks in my home of which I am being charged $225.00 #1 this home is not new construction #2 previous tenants had service with Suddenlink #3 Never got my permission to do anything other than what the work order stated for the Bundle pack, so upon calling to dispute this charge beyond furious I was treated as if I were the one with the integrity issue!! I spoke to 3 different CSR's and got no where but a promise of someone promising to return my call to schedule an "Investigation of my outlets" Still waiting and its been 3 days ago, never mind the fact that I already paid for my 1st month up front and got the 1st bill with BOGUS charges on it which comes to almost $500 within 30 days for "The Bundle"! Really??
A  18th of Oct, 2013 by    +1 Votes
A tech came to my home to install the digilinks converters on my tv. I asked the tech if I would still be able to record using my VCR and watch DVDs using my DVD player. He said yes. He looked me right in the eye and lied. The VCR does not record. It won't even play. All I get is a blue screen. The DVD player won't play. All I get is a blue screen. The tv won't even work all I get is blue screen. I have contacted Sudden Link several times and all they say is there is nothing they can do. Everything worked until their tech messed everything up. They did it and they should fix it.
N  2nd of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Over the last 3 weeks my suddenlink Internet has not been working, I have called and called finally got someone to to come out and check it, needless to say he couldn't fix it because he didnt have the right equipment (computer) and he basically told me to call and call, I went to the local office for help because I was tired of calling and they told me a technician would give me a call back...that was 4 days ago.
N  2nd of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Helo, I have asus laptop. I Iike the asus company. But my laptops is body and ingies broken here is no abelob any parts . Now what do I ? Plz give me ans. my email
Mamunlovely_2010@ yahoo.com
Mobile number.00966508728327
A  21st of Mar, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Why isnt anyone saying how the digital service is worse than satalite. Im telling you what i would never pay for the digital box the reception is totally bunk. I have to unhook the box at any of my friends houses and watch in analogue. At my house thankfully i new about this problem and never wasted my time on the box. Even on my tv i have to program only analogue tv station because atleast 60% of the time digital is totally not watch able. i laugh every time i hear there commercial about how good they claim to be. Seriously my friends with satalite have a much better reception. I like how they claim they are the best cable provider which is the case in most places but not because there service is good because they are the only cable service
N  31st of Aug, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I have suddenlink internet and for the past two years we will have signal good for awhile then the modem starts to continuously reset it's self. I have had more than 10 techs out to fix this but it only works for a week then back to the same problem. Everytime i call it in the rep has me reset the modem and then the tech comes out and replaces the splitter. i have been told by every rep the lines outside r in desperate need of upgrading and they are not installed correctly but no one fixes it. I am tierd of this issue and would like to know how to get something done. I have to have good Internet for my job.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree