Suburban Propane / Price Gauging

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I've been considering talking to a lawyer and initiating a class-action suit against the company. The previous delivery, on 12/23/09, they charged 3.604/GAL. After my husband called, they lowered the price to 2.60/GAL. Yesterday, I spoke with someone in the office and I threatened to take legal action. I asked him why the price quoted me over the phone yesterday was 3.919/GAL when the average rate in central New York was 2.39/GAL. I questioned whether he thought his practices were legal. This company has been overcharging me for years now, and I am tired of feeling like they have me over a barrel.

Comments

• Lr
      12th of Feb, 2010

Let me know if you sue. We'd like to also. We're in NY as well and were just charged 4.46/gallon! They said they would only come down to 3.49/gallon. What crooks!

• Ns
      19th of Feb, 2010

I just got my tank filled today and the price I got was $5.13 a gallon I will join the suit

• Sm
      24th of Feb, 2010

I started February 2009 to stop the fill ups so I could change companies. They came 2 months early with a fill up. My unrequested fill up last week was $5.11 a gallon.
    I will join the suit. Broadalbin, NY

• Mp
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I will join the suite as well. I just got my tank filled yesterday and the price was the highest it has ever been, $4.44/gal. I called Suburban to complain about the high price and they offered to lower it to $4.19, BIG DEAL! I called around and found that Main Care Energy's price is $2.67/gal based on the same useage, HOW CAN THE CROOKS AT SUBURBAN get away with this! I also learned that Main Care will come out and dig up Suburban's tank and relpace it with theirs, connect and pressure test the lines, all for $125. The only question is, will Suburban credit me for the propane in the tank, if they do then I'm dropping them! East Greenbush, NY