StraightTalkdishonest and deceptive

Straighttalk is the worst. I purchased a 30 card. They shut my phone off and I had 202 minutes left. What is funny is how they say that when you call *611 it is a free call but how is it free and they are deducting the mintues from your usage. Then when you call *611 option 1 then 4 to check your balance they say it is a free text message but it isn't because they deduct the message from you usage as well. So they lie all the way around. I asked several reps is there something wrong with my phone,, is it defective or does it have a recall? They said "no'. Then all of a sudden months later they say your phone is defective. They are trying to tell me that the call timer on my phone doesn't work properly. Excuses, excuse. Has it that and I have the same phone that they are currently selling in the stores. A bunch of bs. They just want people to spend on a 45 card. They take your minutes and then blame it on the phone doesn't work. Then you get people that you can't understand and they don't understand you. Really! I truly think they have a warehouse outside of the states for their business. I wish I can file a class action suit because they are horrible. It is straighttalk, tracphone and net 10. Why would the government allow this to go on and the ftc is a big joke. If they need to save money get rid of them. Then what is funny they cut my service of two days prior to end date, and say oh you have to buy a new phone. If not then we will permenately deactivate your account. Ok! They have to be stopped. People put there hard earn money out there and pay for service and you don't get what you pay for. A bunch of mess. I will be investigating on how I can file a class action suit.

Lu

Comments

• Ri
      Jun 13, 2019

I received a text message from Straight Talking saying I was able to get a 2 line disconnect. Great, me and my husband both have straight talk so why not have our due dates on the same day and save money. I followed the link provided in the email to set everything up. When I entered our phone numbers they didn’t recognize the devises. I called customer service and the rep told me that the only way to enroll is to get a service card from Walmart. I thought that was odd as i always pay with a debit card so I asked to speak with a supervisor to clarify. The supervisor said the exact same thing. I bought the service plan and went online and it said the same thing. I called customer service and was told I must have bought a “bad” service card to go and return it and try again. Walmart won’t return it. It says right there on the card non-refundable. I then talk to another supervisor who told me that they have no record of my on file and if I wanted to enroll I would have to get a new number. I explained that I have been a customer for over 8 years and I will not change my number. I went online and updated my information with the company. I tried again to enroll the phones and this time it said that the service plan has already been used. I called again, this time I was angry. I was without a phone service, getting the run around, nobody from the company seem to know what was going on. The only goal they had was to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. They told me whatever I wanted to hear without fixing the problem. Customer service rep told me to go back to Walmart and return the card. I told him Walmart will not exchange the card, I’ve already tried, and that I wanted Straight Talk to reimburse my money. Finally, the rep gave my a ticket # and told me to email in a copy of the receipt, front and back of the service card and it will be worked immediately. While here i am over a month later. I have emailed them the information over 100 times, I’ve called customer service, I’ve chatted with reps online, I’ve sent countless number of emails to the manager and corporate emails, I’ve filed a complaint again then with the BBB, and of last week I sent a complaint into my attorney generals office. I have save emails and screen shot chats. All of these over a refund. Nobody can tell me what’s going on, when I ask if there’s any other way I can get this information to who’s ever working on it. I’m told the same thing. They only accept emails. That’s my current nightmare with this company. Again, it was by their advice I purchased this card, it’s their system not allowing my to enroll in the “special offer” they sent, and they absolutely will not take responsibility. I’m not asking for an apology i just want my money.

Sep 16, 2019

@Rick_57005 Hi. I'm Sara from Straight Talk Wireless. I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at [protected]. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.