Straight Talk / lousy coverage and service
I was enticed to try Straight Talk because of it's low cost, month to month, no contract plan. What I didn't realize was that it piggy backs off of other carriers so the service coverage isn't as good. It dropped calls all the time and if I entered a store, forget it! It wouldn't carry a call into a building other than my own home. Weird.
The frustration didn't end there. I called for customer service several times during my two months with Straight Talk and it was about as pleasant as running my fingers over razor blades. Good luck talking to a real person and when you finally do, good luck understanding them (nice people, I'm sure, but just understand that English isn't their first language).
I purchased a $30 phone card from Walmart, not realizing Straight Talk wouldn't allow me to use it with my refirbished Nokia phone I bought from them. It was my mistake but because I had scratched off and exposed the pin, Walmart wouldn't take it back. So I called Straight Talk to have the $30 applied to my regular $45 plan. Talk about a hassle! One hour later I finally was allowed to count it as 20 days instead of the 30 I paid for.
I'm using that 20 days to find a new phone carrier. I wouldn't recommend Staight Talk to anyone.
More Straight Talk Complaints & Reviews
- Straight Talk Cell Phone - poor customer service 
- Straight Talk - activation 
- Straight Talk Mobile Phones Service - fraudulent service cards 
- Straight Talk - horrible service - won't activate phone 
- [Resolved] Straight Talk - poor customer service 
- Straight Talk Cell Phones - terrible customer service 
- Straight Talk Wireless - straight talk 
- [Resolved] Straight Talk Wireless - cut my cell phone/ paying customer/ throttle down 
- StraightTalk - dishonest and deceptive 
- Straight Talk - error message given