Straight Talk

Posted:

how to file a class action lawsuit

2.75
Straight Talk/Tracfone
straighttalk.com
There have been so many people who have been victims of straight talk. Many have had there active cell number transferred to another customer or sold to another provider and was told my the straight talk offshore reps that there is nothing they could do. This action left many without a cell phone or having to receive a new cell number. This is unpractical and very unprofessional. The reps are quick to say that they are offshore and is unable to help. What can be done to alleviate this issue?
Complaint comments Comments (19)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

N  10th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
We just have to make sure we are providing correct information
N  11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I would like to put a class action suit on Straighttalk. You pay for service and don't go over your minutes they shut your phone off. They have false advertisement. They tell you all types of things and all lies. They need to be stopped. When you want Corporate they don't have a number.
A  9th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
i have had my straight talk phone for 14 months now and havr been purchasing the unlimuted 45.00$ refill card for every refill. in december of 2012 I upgradex my phone to a "smart phone". i did the upgrade for several reasons; the primary reason was to transfer data from the back of an ambulance to the receiving hospital. on te fourth day of having a new unlimited service card my service was suspended for what they called excessie useae. i have had this problem every month since. the longest amount of time my service waz suspended was 22 days...meaning i was only abi le to use 8 of my 30 days. when i attempt to contact them im on hold for an extremely long time...sometimes as 57 minutes which was the case last month.
A  19th of Jun, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Cut off from Internet due to over usage of Data!!! REALLY???????????? We Purchased an unlimited Card from Wal-Mart! Only recieved 1/2 a Months service of Internet!!! We Want in on the CLASS ACTION against StraightTalk and WAL-MART!!!
A  13th of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
My data slowed down during my service plan. .
N  15th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
Most of the time.I can't get on Facebook. Half my phone calls I can't answer.I'll get not enough. Funds.I buy the unlimited.can't get my e mails most of the time. Can't play my game on my phone. Is this going to change ne time soon.would like this problem fixed.
A  7th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I just signed up for the new home phone / Data service .
We have only had the service for 2 months and the data was shut off 1st month at 3.5 G of usage and 2nd month after 1.5G . When I called the customer service I was told that I was over the 5G that I have paid for. I replied, you just told me that the first month I only use 3.5G, well then suddenly there was something wrong with the box. I had to send the box back . It took 2 weeks to get a replacement, it worked for anothet 2 weeks at 1.5 G it stopped working again, this time the customer service person would not tell me how much, only that we had gone over 5G. If i wanted to wait for the renewal in 10 days or could pay additional to restart. The company are crooks and how come they are able to still be selling thesr products.
N  14th of Apr, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I have a straight talk device that was my late mother in law's, she purchased the device 5 months ago, paid $149.99 for the device and they are refusing to unlock it, saying that service needs to be kept with them for 1 year before they will unlock it.
I am not understanding how they can control a device that was paid for out right.
N  2nd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I agree their website told me a phone would work with their service so i went and bought an activation kit. Well it wouldn't work the rep said thrive fixed it, it never did work refused to refund my 65 dollars.

2 months later my sister bought be a straight talk phone been using it then i sent a friend to buy me a card he accidently bought the activation kit. He went back to return it unopened and with recipe and refused to refund the money i say sue them and I'm homeless now i can't eat because their pockets needs to get fatter.
N  22nd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I've had straight talk for four months they cut my service off with the bill paid for five days because they said they sent me a defective sim so Ive missed big money I'm an hvac technician with a mobile detailing business on the side and my phone has been of now for about five days how can I sue them for lost wages?
A  30th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have bought the activation kit for BYOP threw Straight Talk. I have had the original activation kit not work for my phone after being told it will work by Straight Talk themselves. They sent me 2 other sim card at two different times and neither of them have work. I did everything they said to do and my phone is still not working. Now they are refusing to send me my refund because I paid for it at Walmart instead of online through them. They have falsely advertised that all BYOP will work. They lied to me and now they are refusing to give me my money back or even help me use the service I have already paid for. I want to bring a lawsuit against them because now my daughter's doctors can't reach me and if something happens and its an emergency I unable to contact people because they don't want to help. How do I start a lawsuit.
A  6th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Straight Talk shut off my phone before the card expired and when I called to try to get it taken care of I was at first told my number was not a
Straight Talk number. I then went online to my account to find someone else's phone on my account with my daughter's (I called the girl) phone also being listed under my account. I then called and they claimed my phone number was never active through them or my MEID or IMEI were never active. When I told them I had e-mails proving the number had been active on straight talk and was contacting a attorney they then told me they would activate the phone with the number they claimed was never a straight talk number and removed the other phone off my account. I waited about a half hour and checked my account and there was another phone listed with a different number. When I called this time the girl tried telling me they couldn't give me my phone number because it was linked to another phone on my account so they had to give me a new phone number for my phone. I argued with her stating that the only phones that should be on my account active are mine the one they were suppose to be fixing with the original number and my daughter's which was showing on the account. She then asked for the SIM out of my phone, (I had also given this to the first person I talked to) she claimed the SIM didn't match up with the MEID or IMEI of my phone and she would have to send me a new SIM card.
N  6th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have continued to check my account and in the payment history the serial number for my daughter's phone matches up but the serial number of the other phone that was being charged to my credit card does not match up with the serial number of my phone that they deactivated. Another thing is they claim the number I gave them don't match up with the MEID or IMEI of my phone but when I turn my phone on and go to the my phone number feature it states the phone number they claim isn't mine. They need to be stopped, they are ripping off people.
N  4th of Sep, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Angeleyes5193 I TOTALLY AGREE!!!
N  4th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Debra Linkhart I AGREE!!!
N  4th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I paid $267.39 for a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone that malfunctioned. They sent me a 2nd phone and it did the same thing. I sent it back to the company as I purchased it online. They rec'd the phone on July 21. They told me it would take 30 working days to get my refund. That was September 1, 2017. I never received my refund. I am getting the run around and doubt I will see my money. I want to sue them for damages to my account and mental stress. I am mentally disabled, live on a fixed income and need that money. Can someone help me????? My phone is 970-586-2940. Thanks so much.
A  4th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I want to file a Class Action Lawsuit against Straight Talk.
N  4th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Please someone write me at debralinkhart@yahoo.com and tell me who to call to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against STRAIGHT TALK!!!
A  24th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Straight talk has been slashing my service I bought a $45.00 unlimited plan my data and service a shortened I'm on a fixed income and have to do without a phone till I can get my check this is ridiculous that every month I try to put my card on my days are getting shorter and shorter try to put minutes on the 3rd then they moved my day to the 1st and they keep going back like that what's going on with them

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree