Straight Talk / how to file a class action lawsuit

United States Review updated:

There have been so many people who have been victims of straight talk. Many have had there active cell number transferred to another customer or sold to another provider and was told my the straight talk offshore reps that there is nothing they could do. This action left many without a cell phone or having to receive a new cell number. This is unpractical and very unprofessional. The reps are quick to say that they are offshore and is unable to help. What can be done to alleviate this issue?

Comments

• Av
      10th of May, 2012

We just have to make sure we are providing correct information

• Lu
      11th of Jun, 2012

I would like to put a class action suit on Straighttalk. You pay for service and don't go over your minutes they shut your phone off. They have false advertisement. They tell you all types of things and all lies. They need to be stopped. When you want Corporate they don't have a number.

• El
      14th of Feb, 2019

@Lucia37 They kept telling me they would transfer me to corporate every time I mentioned the law suit they settled for 40 million because of their unlawful use of the word unlimited which they are still doing they dont get the word unlimited plus they told me last night I cant use my hotspot

• Wi
      9th of Mar, 2013

i have had my straight talk phone for 14 months now and havr been purchasing the unlimuted 45.00$ refill card for every refill. in december of 2012 I upgradex my phone to a "smart phone". i did the upgrade for several reasons; the primary reason was to transfer data from the back of an ambulance to the receiving hospital. on te fourth day of having a new unlimited service card my service was suspended for what they called excessie useae. i have had this problem every month since. the longest amount of time my service waz suspended was 22 days...meaning i was only abi le to use 8 of my 30 days. when i attempt to contact them im on hold for an extremely long time...sometimes as 57 minutes which was the case last month.

• Tr
      19th of Jun, 2013

Cut off from Internet due to over usage of Data!!! REALLY???????????? We Purchased an unlimited Card from Wal-Mart! Only recieved 1/2 a Months service of Internet!!! We Want in on the CLASS ACTION against StraightTalk and WAL-MART!!!

• Ke
      13th of Apr, 2015

My data slowed down during my service plan. .

• Ti
      15th of Apr, 2015

Most of the time.I can't get on Facebook. Half my phone calls I can't answer.I'll get not enough. Funds.I buy the unlimited.can't get my e mails most of the time. Can't play my game on my phone. Is this going to change ne time soon.would like this problem fixed.

• Ro
      7th of Nov, 2015

I just signed up for the new home phone / Data service .
    We have only had the service for 2 months and the data was shut off 1st month at 3.5 G of usage and 2nd month after 1.5G . When I called the customer service I was told that I was over the 5G that I have paid for. I replied, you just told me that the first month I only use 3.5G, well then suddenly there was something wrong with the box. I had to send the box back . It took 2 weeks to get a replacement, it worked for anothet 2 weeks at 1.5 G it stopped working again, this time the customer service person would not tell me how much, only that we had gone over 5G. If i wanted to wait for the renewal in 10 days or could pay additional to restart. The company are crooks and how come they are able to still be selling thesr products.

• Mw
      14th of Apr, 2017

I have a straight talk device that was my late mother in law's, she purchased the device 5 months ago, paid $149.99 for the device and they are refusing to unlock it, saying that service needs to be kept with them for 1 year before they will unlock it.
    I am not understanding how they can control a device that was paid for out right.

2nd of May, 2017

I agree their website told me a phone would work with their service so i went and bought an activation kit. Well it wouldn't work the rep said thrive fixed it, it never did work refused to refund my 65 dollars.

2 months later my sister bought be a straight talk phone been using it then i sent a friend to buy me a card he accidently bought the activation kit. He went back to return it unopened and with recipe and refused to refund the money i say sue them and I'm homeless now i can't eat because their pockets needs to get fatter.

• It
      22nd of May, 2017

I've had straight talk for four months they cut my service off with the bill paid for five days because they said they sent me a defective sim so Ive missed big money I'm an hvac technician with a mobile detailing business on the side and my phone has been of now for about five days how can I sue them for lost wages?

• Br
      30th of Jun, 2017

I have bought the activation kit for BYOP threw Straight Talk. I have had the original activation kit not work for my phone after being told it will work by Straight Talk themselves. They sent me 2 other sim card at two different times and neither of them have work. I did everything they said to do and my phone is still not working. Now they are refusing to send me my refund because I paid for it at Walmart instead of online through them. They have falsely advertised that all BYOP will work. They lied to me and now they are refusing to give me my money back or even help me use the service I have already paid for. I want to bring a lawsuit against them because now my daughter's doctors can't reach me and if something happens and its an emergency I unable to contact people because they don't want to help. How do I start a lawsuit.

6th of Aug, 2017

Straight Talk shut off my phone before the card expired and when I called to try to get it taken care of I was at first told my number was not a
    Straight Talk number. I then went online to my account to find someone else's phone on my account with my daughter's (I called the girl) phone also being listed under my account. I then called and they claimed my phone number was never active through them or my MEID or IMEI were never active. When I told them I had e-mails proving the number had been active on straight talk and was contacting a attorney they then told me they would activate the phone with the number they claimed was never a straight talk number and removed the other phone off my account. I waited about a half hour and checked my account and there was another phone listed with a different number. When I called this time the girl tried telling me they couldn't give me my phone number because it was linked to another phone on my account so they had to give me a new phone number for my phone. I argued with her stating that the only phones that should be on my account active are mine the one they were suppose to be fixing with the original number and my daughter's which was showing on the account. She then asked for the SIM out of my phone, (I had also given this to the first person I talked to) she claimed the SIM didn't match up with the MEID or IMEI of my phone and she would have to send me a new SIM card.

6th of Aug, 2017

I have continued to check my account and in the payment history the serial number for my daughter's phone matches up but the serial number of the other phone that was being charged to my credit card does not match up with the serial number of my phone that they deactivated. Another thing is they claim the number I gave them don't match up with the MEID or IMEI of my phone but when I turn my phone on and go to the my phone number feature it states the phone number they claim isn't mine. They need to be stopped, they are ripping off people.

4th of Sep, 2017

@Angeleyes5193 I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

4th of Sep, 2017

@Debra Linkhart I AGREE!!!

4th of Sep, 2017

I paid $267.39 for a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone that malfunctioned. They sent me a 2nd phone and it did the same thing. I sent it back to the company as I purchased it online. They rec'd the phone on July 21. They told me it would take 30 working days to get my refund. That was September 1, 2017. I never received my refund. I am getting the run around and doubt I will see my money. I want to sue them for damages to my account and mental stress. I am mentally disabled, live on a fixed income and need that money. Can someone help me????? My phone is 970-586-2940. Thanks so much.

Best Best Advice

I want to file a Class Action Lawsuit against Straight Talk.

4th of Sep, 2017

Please someone write me at [protected]@yahoo.com and tell me who to call to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against STRAIGHT TALK!!!

• Sh
      31st of Dec, 2017

@Debra Linkhart I dont know but I would like to know also. I bout a $45 set up from walmart that said 15gb - activated it an only got 5gb which they claimed in used in 48 hours while connected to my home wifi. I have never in 20 years used even 5gb in a month no way did I use that in 48 hours. on top of that my original sim card didnt work so I had to wait for another one - took 7 days to get the new one and they wont even credit my account for those 7 days. I want my phone unlocked to go back to ATT and straight talk refuses to unlock it even with all the issues with them. they also refuse to port my old att number to this phone unless I deactivate my phone for up to 15 days and just forfeit any days of service I would have had during that time.

• Re
      24th of Sep, 2017

Straight talk has been slashing my service I bought a $45.00 unlimited plan my data and service a shortened I'm on a fixed income and have to do without a phone till I can get my check this is ridiculous that every month I try to put my card on my days are getting shorter and shorter try to put minutes on the 3rd then they moved my day to the 1st and they keep going back like that what's going on with them

• Sh
      31st of Dec, 2017

I wonder if I received one of these phone numbers when I activated my account. on the first day my phone was activated i received calls from uber letting the person know that their ride was there - I cant imagine someone using an old number for uber. I received the same calls the following day. I activated my phone on dec 1 and all through the month of December I have been receiving personal calls for this person - including from her parents and siblings.

• Al
      22nd of May, 2018

I purchased a "new" phone that was promised to be serviceable in my area. These facts where not the case. The phone was locked to another provider, a refurbished phone. I was not able to use it at all. When confronted I was met with attitudes, representatives hanging up, my number was sold to another company, now the service plan I purchased is not being refunded. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions how to go about a class action suit on them. In this entire fiasco I had my medications messed with not receiving calls from doctors for needed treatment. Due to the phone not working. As well as the inability to purchase a replacement. surely, there is more than sit and gripe that can be done over this.

21st of Sep, 2018

@Alonzo Smith I am looking to file a law suit against straight talk as well. I purchased two phones, over a year ago. They never advised me they were locked. I specifically asked if they were lock (via their live chat). I was told they are not locked. I have been locked into a 12 month requirement without my knowledge. I have yet with complaint after complaint been able to transfer my phone. I paid for insurance on one. They told me I didn't have insurance and refused to repair it. To make matters worse I was called a [censored] by the supervisor of the unlocking department in the background as he hung up on me. I actually wasn't able to say one word to supervisor as he "spoke over" me the entire call. I am looking for others who would like to join me to sue straight talk (ie: trace phone). please contact me if you would like to join me in this law suit I will be filing in the near future.

21st of Sep, 2018

I am looking to file a law suit against straight talk. I purchased two phones, over a year ago. They never advised me they were locked. I specifically asked if they were lock (via their live chat). I was told they are not locked. I have been locked into a 12 month requirement without my knowledge. I have yet with complaint after complaint been able to transfer my phone. I paid for insurance on one. I was never informed of the phones being locked, nor was I provided their "FCC Rules" as they tell me regarding their unlocking policy. I NEVER would have purchased the phones from them, I am not finacially able to be in a 12 month "agreement" called a contract with any wireless provided. They told me I didn't have insurance and refused to repair it. To make matters worse I was called a [censored] by the supervisor of the unlocking department in the background as he hung up on me. I actually wasn't able to say one word to supervisor as he "spoke over" me the entire call. This is the extremely short version of what I have been put through. I am looking for others who would like to join me to sue straight talk (ie: trace phone). please contact me if you would like to join me in this law suit I will be filing in the near future.

• Da
      30th of Sep, 2018

@Doesn't apply I would love to join you I have been on the phone getting hung up on all weekend long and all I have got as solution is contact samsung about my phone because straight talk uses the same reliable data counter company as Verizon, AT&T, ALLTEL, and multiple other companies but I have been told I exceed the 62gb limit on my unlimited plan in the first week every month for the last year and they do my wife's phone the same way but my wife is on wifi all day and when I asked how they know when you have mobile data turned on or off I was told by a manager at corporate that there is no way to know whether it is on or off it is estimated how much data you use daily

• Da
      1st of Oct, 2018

@[email protected] I called back today to try once more to get my data issue resolved because I need my Google maps I have to drive Jacksonville airport tomorrow and to Tampa Saturday for my younger brothers funeral both trips will be from Tallahassee and i have no idea where im going and i was told that it wasnt their fault and that straight talk doesnt sell samsung devices so all i can do is buy a new phone and service card also when i asked to speak with someone in america i was told that the person i was talking to was in america and they were in the " CITY OF CALIFORNIA " and yes i know i typed city and not state I'm beyond tired of these crooks

• Si
      25th of Sep, 2018

I would also like to be in on the lawsuit. I have been a customer for about 8 years and I have never had the problems I have since the company went to the $55.00 UNLIMITED plan. My service was suspended due to over usage. I talked to on customer service rep that actually called me a liar when I informed her I do not have a laptop or comuter. My husband works midnight and he sleeps during the day and it is just me and I am not on the phone NO WERE NEAR ENOUGH TO USE THAT MUCH DATA. I talked to a superviser named Sally and I have never wanted to go through the phone and slap someone like I wanted to her. I purchased another 2gb for $10.00 and it was never added and she tried to tell me it had been. Then I get Jessel (forgive if that is not how he spells his name) he then told me it had been added but how could it be added when I kept getting a message that data had been blocked? I finally got it straight with the 6th call and 7th person. I have a dictionary if the folks at straight talk need it to look up the word UNLIMITED!!! THEY ARE FALSE ADVERTISING UNLIMITED. THEY DETERMINE WHEN YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR UNLIMUTED. ITS FUNNY THEY CAN TELL ME ALL THE DATA I USED AND ACTUALLY ACCUSE ME OF SHARING DATA BUT THEY CANT TELL ME WITH WHAT DEVICE I SHARED. I WILL BE SWITCHING TO US CELLULAR...

25th of Sep, 2018

@Sick of straight talk I am looking to join someone in a class action lawsuit against straight talk. You should look into Consumer Cellular also. They are us based and even though they are a little higher priced if you use a lot of data, they are great with customer service.

25th of Sep, 2018

@Doesn't apply I am looking for an attorney now to take the case, I am sure we will have hundreds joining the lawsuit. Straight Talk Lies and are very abusive verbally to their customers. the worst company I have ever delt with. I refuse to pay them another penny of my hard earned money.

19th of Nov, 2018

I live in Panama City Florida we was hit hard by hurricane Michael and had no service for days and then spotty service. Verizon whos towers straight talk buys service from gave the customers three free months of service. Verizon from my understanding from Verizon customer service said they compensated Verizon for the down time and figured they would pass the reimbursements on to customers in our area. Straight Talk says they will NOT compensate for loss of service. I paid for the service and should be compensated as well. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if it is not resolve I will be looking for a attorney.