Straight Talk / horrible customer service-bbb says stay away

Stay far, far away from this company. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I had this phone service for 2 months on 1000 minutes plan, then decided to switch to unlimited which is 45$. I did via onlline but I noticed that there was no area to upgrade plans on the website. I was running out of time so I upgraded anyway and sent them an email telling them that I was charged for the 1000 minute plan (1 had 2 phones on the account) and I wanted the unlimited for auto renewal. Easy enough I thought. NOT FOR THEM. The next day I checked my credit card, and they had taken money out to pay for the 1000 minute plan and NEVER answered my email. I then called their 800 number. Don't every try doing this from a phone that is not unlimited. On a Sunday, I had to listen to elevator music for 30 minutes before getting a customer service rep who barely spoke english. Very difficult to understand . I am a patient person, but I lost it after being on the phone for 1hour and 15 minutes. I was told one moment 30 times (I counted). First she could not find my account, then she could not understand what I was saying, then she repeatedly asked me the same questions over and over and over. Then she told me maybe my phone would begin working again 24-48 hours! I asked her why she could not find my account online when I had no problem pulling it up?! You guessed it, she said one moment again and put me on hold. WHen she got back on, I said I wanted to talk to her supervisor, she said ONE MOMENT...after holding for 15 minutes (I assume she was filling her manager in on this whole nightmare), they disconnected me. Well, I am not wasting my time anymore on this piece of crap company. I am calling my bank and disputing the charges. My suggestion to you is don't go near this company! Look how many complaints they have already on google. I have checked it out and my other 2 kids have boost mobile unlimited for 50% a month. THey have a new deal where every 6 months if you pay ontime they reduce the charge by 5$ so by 18 months unlimited talk/text/web is 35$. NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT PLAN! And NO, I do NOT work for them!

Comments

• Ju
      17th of May, 2012

its a waste of time to ask for the manager or supervisor because they are not going to do anything to help. This company does not have a customer satisfaction policy.