Ster-Kinekor / long waiting line for popcorn and cold drink
To whom it may concern
On the 26th of December 2017, we a family of 8 went to watch the Bollywood movie Tiger Zinda Hai, at the Gateway Shopping Mall in Durban.We were an hour and half early but stood in the line to collect our popcorn order for over an hour. We had thus missed Half and hour of the movie. When we eventually got to the front, it was to be served by an unfriendly and uncaring staff member, who mixed up the orders and was annoyed when we asked to be given the box holders as it was a big order and it would make carrying them into the cinema much easier.At the counter we had to wait another 10 minutes for the popcorn.This popcorn we are not sure where it came from as the popcorn machine was empty .
The quality was not up to standard and the service was pathetic. We had a young employee come out and say something on the loud speaker which was not audible and his mannerism left much to be desired.For him it was a joke.
For an organisation of this caliber to provide this kind of service is unacceptable. We had spent over R1000.00 at Ster Kinekor on that day and it was a total waste of our hard earned money.
Senior management needs to rethink your policy on paying and collection of popcorn and other items.If not allow members using your facilities to purchase outside items and bring to your cinema.
More Ster-Kinekor Complaints & Reviews
- Ster-Kinekor - bad attitude, unhelpful and rude 
- Ster-Kinekor - unable to retrieve tickets booked online at cinema
- Ster-Kinekor - bayside cinema renovations 
- Ster-Kinekor - avoid this place at all costs 
- Ster-Kinekor - the patrons at the movie were disturbingly irritating and rude 
- Ster-Kinekor - no movies for under 16's
- Ster-Kinekor - movie screening times on two occasions being wrong as well as no feedback from a query raised in august
- Ster-Kinekor - lighting in cinemas
- Ster-Kinekor - non existent service
- Ster-Kinekor - venom imax eastgate mall