Standard Bank / how can a closed account be in arrears
I closed my credit card on the 29th of April 2009 (and not long after my standard bank current account as well due to bad service). I still have a copy of the e-mail send to [Hidden Email] requesting to close my account together with proof that the card was destroyed.
Today, more than 5 months later, I receive a sms (of all things - no phone call, no statement for 5 months BUT an sms) stating that my account is in arrears, and requesting payment as soon as possible. If I have questions I must phone them.
Can Standard Bank please explain to me how an account be in arrears that has been closed since April this year.
More Standard Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Standard Bank - travel wallet is a disgrace 
- Standard Bank - confirmation letter of closed credit card account
- Standard Bank - to get through to their number seems to be impossible
- Standard Bank - pathetic service from standard bank & their staff
- Standard Bank - standard bank froze my bank account 
- Standard Bank - no correspondence has put me in trouble
- Standard Bank South Africa - unauthorized debit by Standard Bank
- Standard Bank South Africa - standard bank home loans
- Standard Bank South Africa - early debit orders followed by honouring fees
- Standard Bank - credit card insurance rip-off