Stamps.com / Won't let you cancel your membership

United States Review updated:
This shady business sent me software that didn't work after I signed up online. Then, when I tried to cancel online, it wants me to call some 1-800 number at 6am on Monday. It is totally shady to only allow cancellations by phone, for a business whose ENTIRE goal is to do business online. It's transparent that they will do anything they can to just bill you extras secretly and then make it impossible to quit. Not to mention, I've gotten tons of spam ever since I signed up. Jerks.

A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Luckily I did not sign the offer. Their stuff is terrible. They won't answer my question about the contract and monthly fee and just keep saying you are going to save tons of money, you have 4 week trial... The CS stuff is very rude and won't listen to you.

I feel very uncomfortable and decide to search the web about this company. There are so many complaint about this company on line.

Never even answer the call again.
A  25th of Sep, 2009 by
I signed up for the "free" trial service, the software did not work. I called to cancel before the 30 day trial was up, they told me they will extend my trial until September 30th. I called today, September 25, they told me I should have called before September 9th and because I didn't, they have to charge the monthly service fee. I am not crazy, I know exactly what they told me last time, they said "make sure to cancel before September 30th or they will charge the monthly fee". Now they said it's September 9th and that they never said September 30th. What a scam! Don't even bother signing up for their "free" trial. It's hard to cancel (you have to call in and keep saying no 80 times before they give up). The trial is NOT FREE. They will get you somehow. Do not try it.

Stamps.com Logo Stamps.com