Sst / Ruined my credit

I was a member of Washington Mutual a couple of years ago. I faithfully made payments every month and was able to monitor my account online and there was also links to free credit monitoring on the website. I had tried to payoff my account one month for about 150.00 and they payment went through. About a week later I received a notice that my payment was late. But I knew that I had made the payment throught the automated payment on the website. I called the 800 number on the back of my card, I was given a new 800 number to call. The call was tranferred to SST. When the customer service person replied by "Thankyou for calling SST" I said Oh! I hav emy account with Washington Mutual. They then told me that WAMU sold my account to them. They told me that for some reason the payment didn't go through. I check my bank account and it had not cleared my account yet, so I proceeded to pay the amount over the phone. Now mind you my limit was only 350.00. About 2 days later, I saw that there were two payments for the 150.00. I called my bank and they said that one payment was automated and the other was a direct debit, which means that it was paid on the website. I called SST and they said that they would not refund me one of my payments, and they applied both payments. Then I began to get ovet the limit fees of 39.00 and late payment fees of 39.00 because I never received any bills from SST. I could not access their website to access my account. My original limit was 350.00 and now because of all the fees atc. my balance is over 600.00. Because of thir 29% interest rate I have barely been able to pay this down. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do. I am currently having this payment paid through a credit counsiling agency. Once again, I too was never notified of the "buy out" nor did I ever receive terms and agreements of SST.
La