Spy Hunter Enigma Software / overcharging my credit card

France Review updated:

The company was sure, after a test, to solve spy problems on my computer and pretended to charge 29. 99 € for that. Once i accepted and gave my credit card information, i had the surprise to read : your account has been lessened of 71 € ! The companby "sold" me extra software i never asked for (29. 99 €) and charged an extra 11 € for a mysterious service.
I wrote to the company that i did not want the service anymore and i received just one answer : we will answer later.
No answer, ever. I was stolen on july 1st 2013.

Li
Jul 17, 2013

Comments

• Ed
      Aug 11, 2014

I was charged for spy ware I did not authorize in June 2014 and a credit was issued; however, the charge was applied again this month.

• Jl
      Aug 11, 2014

If you didn't give that company your card number, call the customer service number on your card, immediately, report fraud, and you will get a new credit card. If you did give the company the number and expiration date, then you didn't read the fine print. You subscribed to a service and will have to keep trying to cancel.

• Sr
      Nov 05, 2016

I had the same issue with Spy Hunter. I was renewing my subscription. I was careful to read what my choices were and only checked the box for renewal. I gave all of my information and went to the next screen. I was immediately charged for both the renewal and something else I did not check or want. I had to find the phone number for customer service and called them. They issued me a refund but said it will take 5-7 days in order for the refund to be applied to my account. This is unethical and also may be illegal. If it happened to the person in the 2013 post and it happened to me today in 2016, then nothing has been fixed. And this company is continuing this unethical business practice. By this company holding onto our money for 5-7 days, they have the ability to invest it and earn interest off of it. For me personally, the amount is low. But multiply that times millions of consumers, and that is a huge cash cow. This company needs to be investigated and perhaps it is time for a class action law suit.