Sprint / cellphone service - unethical

Think about it. If I took the time to search and file a complaint - there has to be a problem I have other things I could be doing. My experience with Sprint Customer Service has been a complete nightmare. The sales agents evidently get a commission on contract retention and will tell you anything to get your to extend and or upgrade your service. Folks do not believe a thing these people tell you. They will promise you the moon over the phone just to get you to agree to a contract extension. When comes time for them to deliver, you will not get what they promised you. Get in writing folks. I actually believe their customer service people or trained to be unethical in their practices in order to get profits. These people are scary. They actually added 10 months to my contract because I added picture mail to my contract.

Pure crooks! Their customer service people will just hang up on you if you have a problem that needs to be resolved on your billing or whatever. Something is seriously wrong with this company from the top down!

Va

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008

I am done of this! I cant take it anymore!... "Thank you for calling Sprint, my name is Andrew Collins (not a real name because I dont need to reveal my personal info), what can I do for you today?".
    This is my everyday greeting when I login on the line to speak with a lot of customers for further assistance.
    I will start by telling that I am located in Argentina and you may ask: how do somebody from Argentina assist me when I call? That's because of your currency. If you come to Argentina with all your money everything is more affordable for you. That is what a company like Sprint (like Cellfish, like many others) do. They hire different local companies (call centers) all over the world because the labour is cheaper for them as they provide us the opportunity to work (but they don't care about that, what they need is to pay the less than possible).
    Now on the line we have to face a lot of different and hard situations. It is really stressful to be in a call center. Believe me people, I completly understand your frustration when you reach the wrong department or when things are not expected to be as you wanted. But you don't have any idea on the other hand what do we have to stand from some customers. It's completly unbearable. Some of you are more than annoying. I was reading a lot of negative opinions about our work and I won't protect Sprint because it's bulls*** really, but I would like you to know what do we have to suffer everyday from some of you.
    First of all I can't understand why you guys insist on calling and calling and calling or e-mailing when you know that over the phone or e-mail you won't get any answer. If I were one of you I will go directly to the store or somewhere to speak with a representative face to face. That is what I did yesterday when I knew that something was wrong with my cellphone's personal information, for example (even though I spent a total of 2 hours to go and come home again). You do everything over the phone and if someone advice you to go personally to the store you inmediatly get upset because is soooooo far (1 hour from the place you are located or even less!!). When I go to work everyday to hear you and speak to you I spend 1 hour to go to work and a little less than an hour to come back home... Of course some of you don't have any idea about responsability and how to be an active person. If you want something to happen you must go for it! not to cover yourself behind a stupid phone. My God!! You can't be so LAAAZYYY!!!
    As you do everything over the phone as well you buy over the phone too. You order phones like if they were pizzas, guys!! and then if you don't like it you can return it just like that, and then you are refund for that!!!... Unvelibeable! I don't understand how can you be so spoiled by this company!, not just for that, don't forget all the special discounts you have to get the most expensive phones. You all would die if you travel to Argentina. Here when I decided to buy a phone, like I did with the last I bought last week, or the one that I had 2 years ago, I spent a month before I purchase them to think wich was the one that I really like and the full price, to be sure how much will I have to pay. Anyway we don't have all those benefits that you have, so for us even the most incomplete phone is expensive. And guess what, if we don't like it we can change it within the first 30 days but we cannot return it expecting to be refund, that's unacceptable, once you get a product you must keep it or change it. Once you paid you won't see your money back ever again, and I think that is the way it must be actually, because you can valorate what you got. But different cultures, different lives...
    Despite on the fact that you are able to get phones (sometimes even for free! how can that be possible!?!) you are extremly stingy. You want everything for free, you don't want to pay for anything, and the world is not like that guys! Open your eyes! If you want something then you MUST pay for that! That is what we call effort! How is it called for you?
    I admit: Sprint customer service sucks! I repeat, I am not writing this on behalf of Sprint but is not our fault there are like 80 (yes! I am not being sarcastic with the amount) different departments for every special issue. Is not our fault when we tell you that we are not able to work on the order because it was placed in another department. Is not our fault that another agent transferred you to the wrong one and is not our fault that you have choosen the wrong phone, you must have thought about it before purchasing it. If you figth over the phone with an agent you are going to the wrong way. There is no need to get upset with one of us about our questions, work, or humiliate us because of our nationality or english level. That way you are stimulating the agent to do everything possible to finish the call and not to hear you ever again or help you. Be more intelligent if you decide to speak to a representative.
    I hope you can understand a little bit more our reality (although I have more to say, but I don't want this to be so long), because we must understand yours everyday.
    "Thank you so much for calling Sprint and have a nice day!"...