Spar / I will never go back there again

Late sunday afternoon I went to spar to buy some fruit for my little on for school the next day. The spar usually has the strawberries on ice as you walk in. I grabbed a pack and saw that it was full of mould! I then put it back and looked for another pack. All of the packs were full of mould, I then looked at the paw paws, grabbed the best looking pack, paid and left. When I opened the pack at home 3 out of the 5 paw paws were rotten and had to be tossed into the bin. This was the 2nd time that I have seen rotten fruit at the ruimsig spar. A friend of mine also shops at that spar, she to has bought rock hard banana loaves that on the label claim to be baked the day before? What is going on?? People dont have money to waist on food! I think it is disgusting. I will never go back there again! They will start to lose customers if it carries on like this.

Comments

• Pa
      20th of Feb, 2011

my husband went into spar 2 day and was charged double on his credit card, he soent £4.16. And was charged £8.36, he went back in later and was told there was no manager in charge and he would have to come back tomorrow, i told him thats not possible and that he needed to go back and sort it as its a local store and a new girl who made a misstake, y should we wait till tomorrow?anyway the manager was there and he said he looked at the receipt and he had, been charged twice, but because he only had the debit receipt and not the till receipt, which she didnt give him, he couldnt get his money back, my husband asked for the police to be called, which they were, and the manager said, my husband, ; RAISED HIS VOICE; and he didnt get his money back, So they can charge u double whenever they feel like it, the poiceman told him to take it up with head office, and that the manager had barred him, Even the policeman couldnt believe it, the way they run there company, is wot he said.TORRISHOLME, is where it was, there all crooks in there let me tell u, and the manager gave the police officer the phone number of head office, guess wot it was a made up number, im gonna take this futher let me tell u, how can they get away with charging you double. Is this the company or the staff? i will be going to the papers.