Sony Playstation Network / User Agreement is a trap

CT, United States Review updated:
2.5

I recently attempted to download a video from the playstation network. It takes several hours to do this. I began the download at 7:00pm. It did not complete until the wee hours of the morning. In the process I attempted to watch it while streaming. I only got about 3 minutes into the movie before my stream caught up with the download. So I left it. The next day I attempted to view at at about 7:00pm. It was blocked because 24 hours had passed since I "watched" it. I called Sony Playstation Network Customer Support in the Bay area of California and spoke to Jason who insisted that he could do nothing since I had read the user agreement and agreed to it. The user agreement does not specify that watching a video means starting it. I thought watching meant actually proceeding through the video. Regardless, the absolutely amazing thing is that they refused adamantly to credit my account. What's the big deal? It was like $5. I have spent thousands on Sony products. They had to dig their heels in about 1 video download? Amazingly ignorant customer service. It cost them more to argue their point with me on the support line than it would have to just refund the money which any reasonable person would have done.

Comments

Co
  20th of Sep, 2009
Sony's "support" line exists for two reasons: recovering account information and saying "no".
Su
  17th of Apr, 2011
hello sir i m sukrit i got some games cd with my psp go nd when i was installing it it is saying that it canoot be insalled in ur country or ur region

Sony Corporation Logo Sony Corporation