Sony - Online Order / Scam and dishonesty!

I ordered a Digital Camera over the net and got a call asking if I want to buy extra products and a higher priced camera. When I told him I just wanted what I ordered he got real nasty and told me the camera that I ordered was a refurbished one. I cancelled my order.

Comments

• Va
      14th of Feb, 2007

Yes, I'm one of those people who didn't take out an extended warranty on the digital cameral that costs me $1,000 plus $300 for the telephoto lense.

But, I feel that I have a legitimate complaint and Sony desires to ignore it..

I've had engineers look at the camera and the assessment was a possible design flaw in the focusing ring and the fact that the telephoto lense made for this camera is too heavy for the camera to support it. The lense has caused a partial separation that will need to be repaired. Sony contracts a company to repair their products at a minimum cost of $211.00...just to look it..

I had asked Sony to look into the matter, but they have failed to respond.... That being said, I will never purchase another Sony product and advise anyone considering a purchase, go elsewhere. The bottom line is if you don't have a warranty, forget it!...A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY that puts the consumer on the back burner when an issue arises!!!