Sony India / Digital Camera / Poor retailing of defective products
I have had an utterly pathetic experience on buying a brand new DSC W-55 digital camera from one of the retailers "tied" with Sony to sell their products. This retailer is the Viveks situated at Indiranagar, Bangalore.
The product, a 7.2 pixel camera, had a defect in the LCD display at the time of sale (the fact was acknowledged by the branch manager at the concerned Viveks outlet) though the defect could be detected a couple of hours after purchase.
To our utter dismay, this particular retailer was not ready to own any of the responsibility to get the piece replaced.
This is very unfortunate to note that a company like Sony would let such unscrupulous dealers to handle sales of its products. How the company could allow a defective product pass the quality check and land up at the display and sales counter and furthermore, the company seems to have no back-up to settle such issues.
More Sony India / Digital Camera Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - sony customer relations
- Sony Corporation - sony 4k tv xbr65x900c faulty back led panel
- Sony Corporation - sony xbr55x930d tv
- Sony Corporation - sony bluray player wireless lan built in
- Sony of UK - scam phishing sorry didn't know where to send this