Sony Ericsson W300i / Phone undelivered from service center and misbehavior!

1 India Review updated:

I bought sony ericson w300i on 24 march 2007, in the month of june on date 8/6/o7 my phone suddenly gt hanged and then it neva turned on... i thought its sum software trouble and i should take it to service center nearby... on 9/06/07 i took it to TELERIKSON, NEHRU GROUND, FARIDABAD... i was told about some software trouble in phone and was asked to come on tuesday dated 12/6... as being told i reached the service center and i was not delivered my phone back, despite this they forgot to give me job sheet earlier for which they created scene. And as i had my battery along with me they finally realized their carelessness and gave me job sheet and told me to come on Saturday 16/6... meanwhile i called them repeatedly to ask for update but there was nobody to pick up phone... and on wednesday wen i called them they said phone will not be delivered as there is some other problem in it. As i was not getting any proper reply, i preferred going to them and ask, beside helping me some MR.KISHAN misbehaved with me,after certain point he asked me to come on wednesday dated 20/6... and even then they have no answers to my questions. In fact they are also confused for the job sheet no. they have given to me. The another excuse was to call them finally on saturday and take my cell back surely, bt even then they didn't give it back... and the way they treat is pathetic... Meanhwile i had even complaint about the matter at the main service center, at Okhla, no action has been taken by them also till date...

I don't know what is the problem with my cellphone and what is the current update wid its condition... nobody is replying, n i feel either they have misplaced my phone or they still haven't corrected the problem. And now i feel going to consumer court and also launching a complaint with RTI for not providing me with the required information regarding my cellphone.

I am a media person, its a regular job for me to b updated with my news feed thats to be submitted with the organization i am working with and these days not only i m suffering professionally, my organization is also suffering coz of this hampered communication system between me and them. My job is at stake and they are not taking this thing seriously and beside understanding the problem of a customer, these people are misbehaving and misdirecting me with irresponsible answers?

If i am bearing the technical cause of delay, being the loyal customer. One pays so much for a product for not only its features but also its after sales service. And sony people are not concerned about their customers getting troubled... I have lost my patience now, and i feel some serious action has to be taken against such a irresponsible behavior by service centers... n i even afraid they must have ruined the external condition of my very new cellphone... i am in so much tensions... kindly help and direct me to right direction...

Comments

• Ge
      9th of Nov, 2007
    W 300I - Accessories scam!
    United Kingdom

In August, I purchased a Sony Ericsson W300i phone which came with a headset as an accessory. which I use all the time for music and the radio. Basically the problem is that the headset is such a shoddy and flimsy design that within a few weeks one of the spring clips that attach the headsdet broke off rendering it useless. Problem is these clips are made with flimsy brittle plastic that breaks easily and are certainly unsuitable for use in the moblle environment. This rubbish most certainly do not conform to even the basic of design standards and they have no right to be foisting it on their customers.
    If they are intended to last which clearly they are not they should be made with metal coated in plastic or solid plastic.
    Also there is another problem with this component. The headpones have small rubber covers without which they are inaudible. The problem with these is that they come off very easily get snagged on clothing etc and are easily lost.
    My allegation against sony ericsson is that foisting this kind of rubbish on their customers is a deliberate and very cleverly disguised double con and a scam to get customers parting with more of their money purchasing new accessories from them. When i brought this to their attention they said not our fault and (Guess what) You need to buy a new set from our accessories dept for £19.99.

Clearly there is something wrong here that needs to be brought to light and investigated before any more consumers become victims of this subterfuge and are out of pocket. Quite clearly this is a scam and a con albeit very cleverly disguised one and Sony Ericsson need to be brought to book for this kind of unethical practice.