Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV Hanycam / Problem faced with Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV
I had purchased a Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV Handycam in November 2004. After shooting about 10 Mini DV cassettes (total 10 hours recording time) in Australia and then in Singapore, I started getting a "head dirty" indication. Since I was a tourist in Singapore, there was no time to go to a Sony repair center, I purchased a Sony head cleaning DV tape and tried to clean the head as per the Sony Instruction Manual. This did not solve the problem, and I could not shoot any more videos. On returning to my country (India), I went to an authorised Sony Repair Center. They kept the Handycam for about 3 days and informed me that the problem was due to fungus, which they said had been cleaned up. When I next used the camera after about 6 months when we went on a vacation, the same problem occured again within about 15 minutes of shooting. I went again to the Sony Repair Center and they repeated what they had done earlier.
Last month we were going on a vacation again, and I took the precaution of showing the handycam to the Sony Repair Center. They again said there was a fungus infestation and it was cleaned up. The problem again cropped up when I shot a video for a total of about 30 minutes, and my vacation was again spoilt because of the faulty Handycam.
I am strictly following all the instructions given in the Sony instruction manual regarding storage, usage after sudden change in temperature (for example after going out from an aircondtioned hotel room) etc.
Please advise me if something can be done as I am sure if I go to the Sony repair center, they will repeat their so called solution which does not seem to work. Please reply fast as the Guarantee expires on 16th Nov.
Name: Ashok Mohindra
address: 61 Kailash Kunj, Greater Kailash Part I, New Delhi 110048, India
email ID email@example.com
Tel 91 11 [protected]
More Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV Hanycam Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre
- Sony Corporation - headphones
- Sony Corporation - playstation store
- Sony - service centre complaint by kamal khetan - mobile software issue